Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Range/Membership near West Chester?

I've also experienced rude service at TargetMaster. And they won't let you shoot the Wal-Mart WWB Value-Packs there.

They do have a good selection of rentals though.

Is Honey Brook too far? If not, send me a PM.

Other than that.. I've heard good things about LPRGC (make sure you are OK with their range rules), and a buddy belongs to SCCSFA which is a nice place.

(Chester County)

Just read I cannot use non-brass cases ammo....

and I was planning on shooting 7.62x39 and 7.62x54r... Grrr!

TM seems good for my .22lr endeavors... Any more recommendations? I will re-read the thread now and look for less restrictive places to see if I can find a good 'all in one' type place.

(Chester County)

New Holland Rifle and Pistol has a nice set of outdoor ranges. I've just let my Targetmaster membership lapse in favor of shooting at NHRPC. Not really looking forward to shooting in the middle of the winter... but I'll make it work. Shady Maple is right up the road, so it's not a bad stop afterwards.

I live in West Goshen as well now, and although it isn't a quick drive - nothing is. You'll find that Targetmaster is often 30 minutes or more, because of traffic.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by yelruh55 View Post
    New Holland Rifle and Pistol has a nice set of outdoor ranges. I've just let my Targetmaster membership lapse in favor of shooting at NHRPC. Not really looking forward to shooting in the middle of the winter... but I'll make it work. Shady Maple is right up the road, so it's not a bad stop afterwards.

I live in West Goshen as well now, and although it isn't a quick drive - nothing is. You'll find that Targetmaster is often 30 minutes or more, because of traffic.
    Good to know! I haven't even tried the Targetmaster run yet! Thanks for giving me another place to consider!

I'll go shoot in the winter! =) good to know your gear works, what's impacted, etc, by the cold.

(Chester County)

I just joined SCCSFA two weeks ago. I had a membership at Targetmaster that lapsed. Only reason I didn't care for Targetmaster was I couldn't shoot my own .223 ammo because of the backstop and the fact that it was only 25 yards. Since French Creek closed the trap portion I have been looking for a place to shoot trap the last two years. I've shot at SCCSFA once since joining and I've been impressed with the facilities. The people have been friendly and helpful. Overall it seems like a great gun club. I might renew at Targetmaster to shoot pistol in the winter.

I am also in West Chester. It's about an equal distance to both ranges from my house once traffic is accounted for. I also am pretty good buddies with one or two of the guys at Targetmaster so I never have had a bad experience.

(Chester County)

Another one not too far away:

Kimberton Fish and Game Association
    http://www.kfga.net/

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMoose View Post
    Since French Creek closed the trap portion I have been looking for a place to shoot trap the last two years.
    I've never visited, but I've noticed a little trap club in the area.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMoose View Post
    I just joined SCCSFA two weeks ago. I had a membership at Targetmaster that lapsed. Only reason I didn't care for Targetmaster was I couldn't shoot my own .223 ammo because of the backstop and the fact that it was only 25 yards. Since French Creek closed the trap portion I have been looking for a place to shoot trap the last two years. I've shot at SCCSFA once since joining and I've been impressed with the facilities. The people have been friendly and helpful. Overall it seems like a great gun club. I might renew at Targetmaster to shoot pistol in the winter.
    I also joined SCCSFA at the end of the summer and have nothing but positive things to say about it. I shoot on the weekdays inbetween classes and the ranges are deserted. The people I have encountered are friendly and the ranges are in great condition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12