Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default What have WE done lately? What have YOU done lately?

Some pretty simple questions below for all of us to evaluate and answer.

Rules:

Please respect other members and their answers. What may seem juvenile or archaic might have real merit. The idea is not to bicker, instead the goal is to brainstorm on ideas for combating our rights being taken away.

1.) What have WE done in the past year for the protection of the 2A or any of our civil liberties?

2.) What would WE do as citizens of PA to combat a serious threat to our rights?

3.) How can we organize and what functions must we perform to help the cause? Do we need a real infrastructure? Do we need monthly & annual meetings?

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: What have WE done lately? What have YOU done lately?

With my family, time is desperately short, so I have done far too little recently.

I send letters and e-mails, and was a major thorn in the side of the County Commissioners after they passed an unlawful ordinance.

It seems to me that FOAC has made a good start on a grass-roots organization; a way for us to get together without putting DanP or the site in jeopardy.

As my life gets a bit more stable, I would happily pick up the FOAC model and run with it up here in the northeast.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

I'm not one to show my cards early but... here is a peak... for #2 as a SERIOUS Threat..

Last edited by Bug44; August 17th, 2010 at 01:41 AM.
    ΑΣΦ

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by wa3ra View Post
    With my family, time is desperately short, so I have done far too little recently.

I send letters and e-mails, and was a major thorn in the side of the County Commissioners after they passed an unlawful ordinance.

It seems to me that FOAC has made a good start on a grass-roots organization; a way for us to get together without putting DanP or the site in jeopardy.

As my life gets a bit more stable, I would happily pick up the FOAC model and run with it up here in the northeast.
    Good Post, Rep sent.

You make an excellent point that to bring issues here to PAFOA is a concern. There are other methods of organizing our efforts.. personally I think times are changing to where we MUST use the internet and PAFOA is at the very least a good medium to start the ball rolling.

For those wondering, here is a link to FOAC:

http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Chester County)

73 views in just under 24 hours. 1 good response, 1 other response..

Is everyone waiting or we just don't give a shit?

(Washington County)

I'd like to do more, but being a full time college student doesn't leave me much time for getting involved in 2A rights movements, as much as I would like to.

I have OC'd around a lot this summer. On a level, that can be considered furthering 2A rights by spreading the knoweldge of OC being legal.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Butler County)

I have joined FOAC on GOA to help put my money where my mouth is.

I have been to the 2A rally in Harrisburg twice and visited reps offices.

I am am e-mailing daily to get HB40 out of the Appropriations Committee.

Could I do more, Hell yes. But unfortunately, health problems keep getting in the way.

I do think that we should use the INTERNET more and keep the grass roots movement going. Hell, if the Big O could use it, why can't we.

I think we have to keep smacking down the emotional rantings of Ceasefire and Mayors against guns and their ilk with the cold hard facts that are always on on side.

I think that we should push for less deal cutting when criminals are convicted. I'm so tired when repeat offenders get to do harm over and over again. If you have proven yourself to be a menace to society, you should forfeit you chance to live in a society.

We need to take back our country by getting rid of the power grabbers that rule over us.

We need to stop being the end all to all of the other countries problems and start taking care of our own.

We need to bring manufacturing and service (IT) jobs back home and stop outsourcing them to foreign lands.

But alas, we need more people behind us than what we currently have. Until the majority of sleepwalkers wake up, it will be a long time before America gets back on it's feet.

We used to be a Country of Can-Do. Not we seem to just sit back and takes what happens.

(Washington County)

Ive written, called, faxed, and driven to meet my congress critters and point out where he is wrong.

Ive educated and introduced others to shooting and safety.

Ive joined FOAC, NRA and given funds to help where I can in legal defense of individuals.

I OC and educate people on laws with a friendly attitude, and invite them to learn more, while behaving and showing that well mannered people take part in their liberties on a day to day basis.

What else can one do when juggling work, family, and other organizations?

(Lancaster County)

In the last year I've helped get NY's pro 2A message board functioning and with content and active members, though with work having picked up I haven't been able to keep it up as much as I'd like, and I had some unexpected events come up that interrupted key opportunities to market and publicize it. Still working on it though and hope to be able to do more in the near future.

Got certified as a Hunter Education instructor. Looking to do NRA instructor training soon.

Spreading word about SAF and pro-2A law and lawsuits. This is in dire need and the work is just beginning.

Got a more profitable job so I can hopefully contribute more money to pro gun efforts.

.........Not as much as I'd like, but it's a start.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Butler County)

I call/email reps.

I vote. I vote for those that are pro-2A. What if more people voted? (The voter turnout numbers are usually low.) And what if those people voted for the solid pro-2A candidates?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast