Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Official Kel Tec PMR-30 Thread.

Is anyone else out there patiently awaiting the arrival of the 30 round .22 WMR FN 5-7ish pistol by Kel Tec?

I have my order placed at two different shops and have stocked up on about 400 rounds.

I thought it would be interesting to see who else is chomping at the bit to get ahold of this bad boy.

Two 30 round mags with fiber optic sights in a 19oz. (Loaded) polymer framed gun for under $300 with a Lifetime war.? Come one, how do you resist that?

(Washington County)

Default Re: Official Kel Tec PMR-30 Thread.

Interested myself, but would rater a carbine.

Would really really like the FA version, but because of a certain president, there's a fat chance in hall that that will happen.

(Berks County)

KT does have a Carbine stock that the pmr can be dropped into, theres no word on that going into production soon though.

Have you seen the videos on youtube? These guys can squeeze off 30 rounds pretty damn close to full auto and theres barely any muzzle flip. Im in love.

(Cumberland County)

They sound amazing. They really do. I laud Kel Tec for constantly putting out new, unique ideas. BUT, my problem would be justifying buying one. Sure, it would make an awesome plinker, but does it really have any practical uses?

I'll just keep holding my breath for a .22lr version. I'd hop on that in a second.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    They sound amazing. They really do. I laud Kel Tec for constantly putting out new, unique ideas. BUT, my problem would be justifying buying one. Sure, it would make an awesome plinker, but does it really have any practical uses?

I'll just keep holding my breath for a .22lr version. I'd hop on that in a second.
    New & unique? It's a repackaged, re-branded, and re-released Grendel P30.

Most of KelTec's stuff is just a re-done Grendel design, honestly... P-11, for instance, is a knock-off (OK, more of an evolution I guess) of the Grendel P-10... Or P-12, I forget which....

But I still kinda want to try one out (the PMR-30), even if I can't justify buying one... 30rds of almost anything is usually fun

The one KelTec I honestly might end up buying is the PF-9. Nice slim pocket-able 9mm...

Regards,

Bones
    Last edited by JoeyBones; August 16th, 2010 at 02:17 PM.

(Washington County)

I thought that Grendel has some involvement there at KelTec. I would say that this is a better alternative to the FiveSeven, when you can buy 3 of these for the cost of one of the FN offering. At least thats what i have been told that the rounds are equivalent. Wrong info?

(Berks County)

100% Correct about the Grendel Design. In fact, the engineer who drew up the grendels works for Kel Tec now. No shame in the guy for jumping ship to a company who had the resources to put his designs and imagination into production. As for the FN round, from what I have found online they are pretty much ballistically identical, except the .22WMR is 1/3 the price and a hair less fps.

There is a Nutnfancy video from Shot show in which he's talking with a Kel Tec Rep who confirms that a .22lr version IS in design and will eventually be released.

As for the PF9, I have one and LOVE it. Everyone should own at least one of the worlds thinnest and lightest 9mm. Period.

FYI, Cabelas is taking orders for the PMR-30. $349 and you do not have to pre-pay. Or my local shop has them for $299 but he requires a pre-pay in cash.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    100% Correct about the Grendel Design. In fact, the engineer who drew up the grendels works for Kel Tec now. No shame in the guy for jumping ship to a company who had the resources to put his designs and imagination into production. As for the FN round, from what I have found online they are pretty much ballistically identical, except the .22WMR is 1/3 the price and a hair less fps.

There is a Nutnfancy video from Shot show in which he's talking with a Kel Tec Rep who confirms that a .22lr version IS in design and will eventually be released.

As for the PF9, I have one and LOVE it. Everyone should own at least one of the worlds thinnest and lightest 9mm. Period.

FYI, Cabelas is taking orders for the PMR-30. $349 and you do not have to pre-pay. Or my local shop has them for $299 but he requires a pre-pay in cash.
    I can tell you now that the 5.7 is similar to the 22mag but the 5.7 is better. someone on youtube put them to the test in wet phone books and the 5.7 did much more damage because it tumbled as opposed to going staight in like the 22 mag and also had more penetration than 22mag. I think the bullet design has something to do with it because the 5.7 is shaped more like a .223 which tumbles
    Quote Originally Posted by Helter View Post
    Crazy people will always find ways to do their crazy.

(Bucks County)

George kelgren is the owner of Kel-tec. Used to work for Grendel, he may have been a partner. If they made a rifle that took the same mags as the PMR, I would have one in a minute. I own 5 keltecs myself. All without any issues! Pistol packin doc!

(Berks County)

My dad's has been waiting. He told me about two months ago. He's so excited 30 round pistol... OMG

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast