Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Official Kel Tec PMR-30 Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post
    I'm interested in one. I like the lightweight design and a big plus is the 30 round magazines. I like to camp and hike a lot and it seems like it would be a handy thing to have for plinking and what not.

I don't like the price of .22 magnum though. I've never bought it but it seems on par with the price of cheap 9mm.

If I could find one for $300 I'd buy it. I'll give it a few months though, I hate buying the first of anything.
    Try the Keltec 2000 /been out a while, takes glock 33 round 9 mm mags ,folds down to 16 inch length that fits well in a sling back pack and costs $300.

I plan on picking up a PMR-30 in the future as the rush for it diminishes some. My local shop lists it as $300 but doesn't have any in stock. I've seen them go well over over $650 on gunbroker and Buds which is crazy.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    I plan on picking up a PMR-30 in the future as the rush for it diminishes some. My local shop lists it as $300 but doesn't have any in stock. I've seen them go well over over $650 on gunbroker and Buds which is crazy.
    Wait... so they're out?

Or are those more pre-orders at bullshit prices?

CDNN has them for $299.

At that price - shit. I may take 2. Provided they WORK. Which I'm going to let someone ELSE find out for me. Like the first wave of guinea pigs that have to have them even at $650.

So are they actually being sold now - like you can get one in your hands?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    Wait... so they're out?

CDNN has them for $299.

At that price - shit. I may take 2. Provided they WORK. Which I'm going to let someone ELSE find out for me. Like the first wave of guinea pigs that have to have them even at $650.

Only two results in my quick GB search, but here's one that says "In Stock:"

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=184423853

I also was under the impression that they were not out yet...

Also - I didn't know that these had a heel mag release! That's a minus, in my book (not that one would need to perform a quick mag change w/ 30 rds on tap anyhow lol)

Regards,

Bones

(Philadelphia County)

People over at ktog have been posting pics and range reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    Wait... so they're out?

CDNN has them for $299.

Looks like some have been shipped and in customers hands. I saw one up on auction on Buds for a few days and it brought well over $500 and looked on Gunbroker and saw two. The one was at $675 the last I saw. My local shops site says allocated so they didn't get stock yet but the price they list is $300, but the actual price will probably be higher. I'll wait a while before I plunk down money for one and see how the relablility is and if there are any issues. I'm really liking the look, light weight and 30+1 capacity, plus I keep .22 mag in stock.
    Last edited by dkf; August 17th, 2010 at 07:20 PM.

(Berks County)

Yup, they've been out for a few weeks but not nearly as much as the market calls for.

If KT doesnt hurry up Im going to buy a 1911 because its down to the two and Im tired of waiting.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    Yup, they've been out for a few weeks but not nearly as much as the market calls for.

If KT doesnt hurry up Im going to buy a 1911 because its down to the two and Im tired of waiting.

This is my biggest beef with KT. They come out with a cool gun and you can never find it. If you do the price is too much. RFB-nope. Sub2K-nadda. SU-16c-never. F 'em. Twice they have lost sales to me when I couldn't find their product(s).

I'll believe PMR-30 pricing when I see it on my credit card statement....
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Berks County)

^While I agree 100% about their inability to pump out enough product you have to also respect their ability to keep costs way way down and customer service amazing. Only downside is that they achieve this by remaining a small company.

This exact same thing happened when the PF9 came out and if you are patient, eventually you'll be able to snag one. For 1/3 the price of the FN I can wait.

My challenege is to not spend the money I saved up while waiting for the pmr-30 to hit stores. Maybe I should just road trip to Fla. and make a factory visit.

If I see a high demand for my product and I can't keep up I WILL be expanding my manufacturing capabilities to try to keep up with demand. You have to make hay while the sun shines.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast