Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HK93 Clone

(Lackawanna County)

Default HK93 Clone

I'm thinking about buying one, what are they running for roughly 600?
    Whats the deal with the mags? Do they take AR15 mags or just Hk mags, some other type of mag....how much do they cost if they aren't AR mags?

Anyone have an big problems with it?

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: HK93 Clone

I have a C93 and love it. The build of it is very well done. From my understanding Century contracted them out hence why the build quality is above the norm for Century.

The rifle itself is excellent and shoots incredibly well. No issues thus far with the RIFLE. Bolt gap came in excellent and so far I couldn't be happier.

My rifle came with 2 mags and a bayonet. Well, the 2 mags it came with are pretty poor. They will need some minor touch up to ensure reliability. In the mean time I will be picking up some HK mags, but only 2 as they are pretty salty. So to answer your mag question they take their own mag. I haven't looked to see if any mags can be converted, as I am happy with the idea of 2 quality HK mags.

So yea, great rifle, price should be around $499 or so.

(Allegheny County)

Cool Re: HK93 Clone

(Allegheny County)

Depends...

J&G has been pilfering the 2nd 40rd mag and bayo. AFAIK, CFS guns don't have the bayo - and are on backorder.

The included 40rd mags are aluminum HK33 contract mags and are unique to the gun. Supposedly someone made an AR mag adapter for the HK93 guns at some time or other.

Anyway, these rifles started out as Malaysian Army HK33's, cut-up for kits and Century has at least 2, maybe 3, builders slapping them together with RCM barrels and who-knows FCG and trigger housings for 922.

- Parked recvr, S/N on top, crap welds, straight parts - Allied Armamament
    - Painted recvr, S/N on top, good welds, crooked parts - Confederated Arms
    - A 3rd build has been seen with the S/N on side of magwell.

Thus; advise you eyeball the gun or buy from a source that takes returns. Mine's an Allied and has all matching, original bolt-group, straight sights, good cosmetics, and a rear sight that rotates freely. Plus the kewl bayo.

The usual experience reported is throw-it-down-the-driveway-jams-and-FTEs for the 1st 100 rds, then it settles in and becomes a hoot to shoot.

Regardless, a keeper considering its an HK kit that I never would have been able to build at home.
    Last edited by nfafan; August 16th, 2010 at 12:43 PM.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Lackawanna County)

thanks, i've been wanting one for a while and i don't want to put bullshit stress on my ARs when i can get a toy to do mag dumps and AHAHA anything i see at the range

(Lebanon County)

You might change your tune when you get one. I know the one I have won't have the barrel used a glow stick anytime soon unless its a SHTF thing as it's just to dang pretty.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0sty View Post
    You might change your tune when you get one. I know the one I have won't have the barrel used a glow stick anytime soon unless its a SHTF thing as it's just to dang pretty.
    True.

That plus the fact that you can find and replace anything for/on an AR.
    Finding and replacing the HK-cloned fluted-chamber C93 barrel isn't a job you can do easily. Beat the AR instead.

It appears that the folded sheet-metal-recvr'd CETME-derivative guns were understandably meant to be consumables - much like the folded-sheet-metal AKs. The more optimistic USA built so much more "field rebuildability" into our guns that we can relatively easily keep our ARs cooking for a LONG time.

(Montgomery County)

I have a C93 and I gotta say I love it. I had tome FTEs for the first 200 or so rounds, but after I broke it in she's worked like a charm. Also good to keep in mind - although this is a Century firearm, it is built off of real licensed HK parts from Malaysia (if I recall correctly). Since the Germans designed weapons with total war in Europe in mind, they knew brass could become scarce so this weapon is designed to eat steel cased ammunition reliably. It's definitely a plus that you can save some bucks on el cheapo ammo and still have it feed. I recently put 400 or so rounds of super crappy Tula .223 (on sale a Cabela's for $3 a box), and it all went through with no hiccups. I got some 40 round factory mags from Midway, and they were pretty reasonably priced if I recall, maybe around 20 a pop.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0sty View Post
    I dont follow

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    I dont follow
    You will be suprised to find that it's a nice rifle for the price. And you can not simply replace stuff on it as easily as an AR - it will cost time and money to find an HK-smith to replace parts. Thus, you may decide not to abuse the C93. But it is your money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast