Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Sig Pro P2340

Default Sig Pro P2340

What does everyone think of this one? I am really looking for a .40 cal and really like the Sig line but have not shot one of these.
    Thanks,
    Bobby

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Sig Pro P2340

The firing sequence is a bit harsh, too harsh for my tastes. I sold the gun, very accurate, very reliable. I had it for 2000 rounds.

Best regards,
    CM
    "If you believe the term "militia" means the National Guard then you must believe that freedom of speech is reserved for the Government Printing Office." - Some guy, 2/2007

CM,
    Please explain a "harsh firing sequence"

(Monroe County)

I owned one for a number of years. For me, the felt recoil was a bit much and even with the interchangeable grip it wasn't comfortable in my hand, so I traded it about a year ago. Again, very accurate and reliable.

(Northampton County)

I've had one for about 5 years now. I got the "Blue Line" model with the SigLite sights. I also bought a factory, direct "drop-in" barrel in .357 SIG. The magazines will handle either the .40 or the .357 (casings are the same dia.). My piece is one of if not the most accurate semi-auto hand gun that I own. Recoil with either round, at least to me, is no worse than a 1911 firing full power 230 gr. loads. If you can handle that, you can handle the 2340. It has been completely reliable with both calibers over a pretty wide range of Manufacturers' ammo, including some Wolf .40S&W that I had laying around for a couple years. I've put around 1500 rounds through it. Each to his own, but I like my 2340, it is my first line pistol (yep, even over my .45ACPs).
    http://links.pictures.aol.com/pic/9c...p5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    Jim Hauff H&R Collector In memory of my friends Bill Goforth and Jim Ritchie.

(Allegheny County)

I've owned a 2340 for a while now. It is totally reliable but I don't like it. It just doesn't feel good in the hand. Infact I am thinking of selling it. I've fired 60 round through it and then put it in my safe. My only problem is that I hate to sell any of my guns.

This is a late post obviously, but I wanted to post my thoughts for future use. I own the P2340 LEM, and it is a solid weapon. I've only put about 600 rounds through it, but (as expected) I've never had a malfunction. I don't consider myself to be an avid marsman, but the P2340 has been very accurate. Everything about it feels great, from the trigger pull to the magazine release. I have no complaints.