Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 83 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: PPD Strikes Again - Confiscates weapon because I "refused to conceal"

Quote Originally Posted by MDJschool View Post
    The record is right there. I would consider that 'on his record' unless you mean they have a ViperGTS19801 folder somewhere in Philly, and only things placed in that folder constitute his record. What did you mean? Could it be used against him in the future? Sure, why not?
    Remember in school when the teacher said "That's going on your permanent record"? Well there ya go, all that stuff is locked up in a secret underground FBI vault with a DNA sample.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: PPD Strikes Again - Confiscates weapon because I "refused to conceal"

Progress…

Last Monday I sent a RTK request to a Lt Dwyer in Philadelphia to get a copy of any documents pertaining to the PPD's ability to destroy private property while it's being "held for safekeeping." Within the 5 allotted business days they have to respond, I haven't yet heard back, and today, on business day 7, I called Lieutenant Dwyer to find out about the status of the RTK request. He’s not in, nor is the other officer who handles them. The officer who took my name and number was rather nice and said she’d ask one of them to find out about it and call me back today.

I also called the Risk Management unit in Philadelphia this morning and they need to mail me a claims form for the ammunition. When I fill it out, I will send it back to them with a brief letter asking them to please let me know what they turn up in their investigation pertaining to how my property was “destroyed.”
    Junior

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Progress…

Last Monday I sent a RTK request to a Lt Dwyer in Philadelphia to get a copy of any documents pertaining to the PPD's ability to destroy private property while it's being "held for safekeeping." Within the 5 allotted business days they have to respond, I haven't yet heard back, and today, on business day 7, I called Lieutenant Dwyer to find out about the status of the RTK request. He’s not in, nor is the other officer who handles them. The officer who took my name and number was rather nice and said she’d ask one of them to find out about it and call me back today.

I also called the Risk Management unit in Philadelphia this morning and they need to mail me a claims form for the ammunition. When I fill it out, I will send it back to them with a brief letter asking them to please let me know what they turn up in their investigation pertaining to how my property was “destroyed.”
    Now that you have your Ruger back from it's sabatical in Philthy, I'm glad your not letting this go. I realize that you're chasing your ammo money, but I have a feeling you would still be on them anyway.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by twoeggsup View Post
    Now that you have your Ruger back from it's sabatical in Philthy, I'm glad your not letting this go. I realize that you're chasing your ammo money, but I have a feeling you would still be on them anyway.
    Thanks for the support.

It's got almost nothing to do with the money, actually. It's $50 or so worth of ammo, and my Ruger is nice and full again anyway with what I had sitting at home (waiting for mommy to come home). That's not really the big deal.

The big deal is this:

1) The PPD destroyed my ammunition. That's the simplest way I can put it - they took it upon themselves to destroy something that did not belong to them and had no part in any crime or criminal investigation. It was not their to destroy. When I was a child, my mother made damn sure to teach me "You do not touch that which does not belong to you," and heaven help me if I broke something because I violated that rule.

2) What does "destroyed" mean? Thrown in a fire? Or in someone else's gun, with my fat thumb prints all over every round?
    Junior

2) What does "destroyed" mean? Thrown in a fire? Or in someone else's gun, with my fat thumb prints all over every round?
    Wouldn't be interesting if it were the latter and they stole someone's poorly crafted reloads to use as their own? What if you screwed up and used an equal weight of Bullseye when you meant to use Clays or Trail Boss?
    Je suis Charles Martel.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Wouldn't be interesting if it were the latter and they stole someone's poorly crafted reloads to use as their own? What if you screwed up and used an equal weight of Bullseye when you meant to use Clays or Trail Boss?
    Yea that would be kinda effed up heh?

This is how they frame people....Your prints are now in a dirty cops, dirty work pistol and they are going to nail you to the wall!

I doubt that would happen, but it "could"...
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

(Montgomery County)

IDK. They stole a single round of ammunition from my Glock & my Sunglasses. Who knows where that will end up. Maybe a crime scene later on?

It's sad we live in a world we have to even wonder what could happen with the ammo that was not returned.

I completely understand how Viper feels as I was taught the same lesson simiarlly. "If it's someone elses ask before you touch, if you break it or lose it, replace it".

Keep on'm and keep'm honest.

(Montgomery County)

Exclamation Re: PPD Strikes Again - Confiscates weapon because I "refused to conceal"

Progress…

You ARE now going to file a formal complaint with the Department of Open Records in Harrisburg, RIGHT?

I mean, those Central PA hicks hate Philadelphia/New Jersey assholes just as much as the rest of us.

They are now in violation of the law. Again.

Stop fooking around with the morons in Philly and rat them out to the STATE officials in Harrisburg.
    Last edited by Yentl Marmelstein; January 12th, 2011 at 11:23 PM.

(Delaware County)

Yesterday, I called the ORO, a Lieutennant, to find out the status of my open records request. He was not there. I called again today, and I got a bunch of excuses.

"I remember reading something about that...but I don't have the request...it's not in our tracking system...we get so many of these and we try to keep track but sometimes there's too many...it'll take thirty days...resubmit it and I'll get back to you within thirty days this time..."

You guys ask me where I get the patience to deal with this crap. The honest answer is...I have no friggin clue.

ETA: I resubmitted that request and got a response within ten minutes, saying he will send me the information within 30 days.
    Last edited by ViperGTS19801; January 13th, 2011 at 02:36 PM.
    Junior

Page 83 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 LastLast