Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: PPD Strikes Again - Confiscates weapon because I "refused to conceal"

i agree 100% they are wrong and here is why, if you have a permit then you are good and two if you was doing something illegal you would have been arrested and charges filed.
    It is better to have and not need then to need and not have. ROCK GLOCK!

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: PPD Strikes Again - Confiscates weapon because I "refused to conceal"

i had a similar thing happen to me and i had to file a petition for return of property for 12.50 and you get 3 court dates 2 in cjc and the last at city hall.
    It is better to have and not need then to need and not have. ROCK GLOCK!

(Allegheny County)

Federal civil rights lawsuit!
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Berks County)

Did you have your voice recorder this time?

This sucks. Sorry to hear it.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by gooseSA40 View Post
    I'm hoping you're grouping your first encounter with this.... sounds like harassment. Keep us posted.
    First thing I thought. I would confiscate my foot right up their badge hole.

If funding will be needed to fight this, I will give all that I can. Without work, it might not be much, but as they say "every little bit".

Keep us updated.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    My thought's exactly.

Reading over the Property Receipt, there's a little section for the reason of confiscation, and of the available options, "Personal Property for Safekeeping" is checked, and further down on the receipt there's a section for Circumstances, and it says, "Above items (firearm, magazines, rounds) confiscated from above male after refused to conceal firearm, due to officer and public safety.

Charges: NONE"

So, basically, the police decided that a gun, resting untouched in a happy leather holster, in no danger of going off or being fiddled with, is safer if it's roughly handled on the side of a crowded public street by someone who likely has no experience with that particular model weapon. Also, no "charges" are being "filed," which means I did nothing wrong but they are going to go ahead and take my stuff away because they want to.

Yeah, real great. It amazes me that the people who are supposed to enforce the law are authorized to simply steal your property because they don't think you're responsible enough to have it, then tell you it's for your own safety. What a crock of shit.

Morons. Fuck Philadelphia. FUCK IT.
    Viper, I want to throw this right back in Lentz's face. At that hearing the other day they all go on and on about how the PPD has no problem with people that OC, etc etc etc. When your lawyer clears it could you PM me with some details, officer, date/time, etc? I don't know how much of a difference it will make but I want to make a stink out of this until he gets tired of hearing from me (and I'm not even in his district) over this issue.
    Porsche, there is no substitute

(Monroe County)

No crime was committed? They illegally seized your property, and admitted that no crime on your part was committed.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Washington County)

I would love to help where I can financially if this goes to trial. Smells of a civil rights trial, but thats if I were running the show.

(Lehigh County)

Wow, I really hope the officer who confiscated your weapon is charged with abuse of power and theft of property, after being fired.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Lycoming County)

i too will send whatever money i can to help with your legal fees. just let us know in this post. good luck

Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast