Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 87 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: PPD Strikes Again - Confiscates weapon because I "refused to conceal"

Quote Originally Posted by svltrack View Post
    Viper, some may disagree with me however IMO it would be best for you not to post the audio. If you feel confident enough in your actions through the incident that you did the right things it really seems to me like have a legitimate issue here from what you have provided.

I would suggest you talk with your lawyer, as well as any members on here and otherwise you can find who have had to deal with similar issues, and keep your mouth shut about the whole thing.

I would like nothing more than to know the full specifics as well as hear the actual audio. I would suggest you do as little as possible in the public's eye.
    I agree. Look at kwikrnu for example - he's posted several documents from different government agencies quoting his posts on various forums.

It can't hurt to be too cautious. Viper, have you heard the oral arguments in truecrimson's case? Bob Magee knows his stuff

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: PPD Strikes Again - Confiscates weapon because I "refused to conceal"

Dont post the audio.

What district was it this time? (Curious since I still OC in Philly as well.)

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezliving View Post
    I recommend talking to the Second Amendment Foundation before wasting a call to the ACLU or NRA.

This is a civil rights case.
    I'd still hope this was handled as a property / due process that smacks the cops around for procedure, rather than a case based on property / handgun.

Heller and Mcdonald mentioned handguns because they are the most preferred. What about when that changes and some new more-effective threat-ender becomes the most preferred? Caselaw that is based on a "handgun" doesn't shift with the times, while caselaw that is based on "property" or "self defense rights" shifts effortlessly.

I think SAF would make it a handgun case. I'd like my nephews and nieces rights secured now, rather than leave the issue for them to deal with down the road.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: I'm surprised..

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Not once did any officer tell me I could have it back and go about my business (a date with a very attractive young lady, BTW - how fucking embarrassing)

I want to log onto whatever forum she's on now. I'll bet she has one hell of a fucking story! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kb! Bob View Post
    Holy shit, constitutionally violated and major league cock-blocked in the same encounter!?!?! Thats got to be some kind of record. I would sue for pain and suffering on behalf of my ding-dong if I were you!
    Best. Post. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    "But you will cover dat up! Or else you won't have it, cuz we will take it! I just wanna make dat pacifically clear to you."

Well there's your problem. He's three hours behind the rest of us.

Viper, I'm in for the legal fund.

(Philadelphia County)

[QUOTE=ByblosHex;

What district was it this time? (Curious since I still OC in Philly as well.)[/QUOTE]

I believe he said it happened on South Street. That would be the 3rd District.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyCarry888 View Post
    These aren't your mom and pop criminals, they are street savvy career criminals from cradle to grave
    This is the RESULT of the central problem in Philadelphia - THE RESIDENTS REFUSE to elect politicians (and select police management) that will actually target, by whatever legal means necessary, these career criminals. They need to PERMANENTLY REMOVE these lifelong criminals from society, thereby, cleaning up Philadelphia for themselves and the rest of our society. The birthplace of our nation should be safe to exercise our freedoms.

And your posting is just one more LIBERAL POINT OF VIEW (your gun ownership being irrelevant) where law-abiding citizens are expected to change their legal behavior because the local citizens REFUSE to eliminate the criminals from within their society!

If the place is so dangerous, who's fault is that!!! It is the fault of the citizens for their election choices, it's the fault of the police management for not using all legal means available to target the criminal element, and it's the fault of the judiciary for continuing to turn these lifelong, society-destroying, liberty-usurping, criminals back out onto the streets to prey on more citizens!

Stop blaming the law-abiding citizen for doing something perfectly legal.

This proves that GUN OWNERS, who would punish other gun owners who do not have their own perception of common sense, can threaten our constitutional rights, right along with the hoplaphobes.

PhillyCarry888 - I suggest you retarget your ER observations of violence and gang-lifestyles toward the public and their anemic politicians - rather than the law-abiding citizen who is protecting themselves from just such victimization...

ID
    Last edited by ImminentDanger; August 15th, 2010 at 03:11 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by cavmedic View Post
    Why is it with EVERY encounter this guy has , it starts out of happening one way , but as the post counts increase , more people start to question the incident , THEN all of a sudden the story changes..........

I call BS. Someone is in the business of selling wolf tickets.
    [citation needed]

(Lackawanna County)

That sucks that it was your only gun that was stolen. I'd be happy to lend you my Draco ak-47 pistol for OC....my only conditions are that you give me the OC holster after your done, and buy me a present that shoots lol

I love having a loaded ak47 in my car, its 30 rounds that can turn almost anything into swiss cheese. Just think then you'd have a double law suit going on because if they took your glock or w/e because they didn't like it, well then they are gonna love the Draco. I named him Rocky

If you don't want the Draco and can't afford anything else I have a 1911 I don't use I could lend you.

Quote Originally Posted by lprgcFrank View Post
    Tagfor update
    Just a reminder, there's a Subscribe to Thread option under Thread Tools so you don't need to post for updates.

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by twoeggsup View Post
    Non sequitur.
    Your experience has absoultely nothing to do with the fact that the LEO commited a crime, the OP did not.
    Which is why I haven't commented on that aspect of his encounter. I've never had a personal run-in with the law, so I'm not going to play armchair lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by imdanger
    Stop blaming the law-abiding citizen for doing something perfectly legal.
    Sure it was legal, but in my first post I said aside from being legal, does anyone have insight as to why it was a bad idea to OC in this neighborhood. I then went on to say if you weren't from this area, you probably wouldn't understand. So, if you don't see the negligence in open carrying a handgun in an area of high gun/violent crimes than I think you've just never spent enough time in one.

I encourage you to come around here with your open handgun, and if you can still say to this young gentleman it's definitely safer to carry open than closed I'd like to hear why.

I suggest you retarget your ER observations of violence and gang-lifestyles toward the public and their anemic politicians - rather than the law-abiding citizen who is protecting themselves from just such victimization...
    Again, I think you should spend a little time in the area before you advise this young gentleman that it's safer to open carry. Not only is it not safe, but its just as ignorant to encourage the same behavior.

You're not really addressing the issue that this man wasn't stopped because he was breaking the law, he was stopped because he was open carrying a gun in an area of high crime. Is that against the law? No. Is it insanely ignorant? Yes. Will you understand this point of view without seeing the crime every day? Probably not, but that's why you're the "armchair lawyer" protecting his "rights", I'm giving him advice to stay safe in the streets.
    Last edited by PhillyCarry888; August 15th, 2010 at 09:40 AM.

Page 12 of 87 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast