Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Man attacked by polar bear

http://shilohtv.com/?p=7190

“It was so strong I could not fight, I grabbed for my shotgun and tried to shoot it but [the polar bear] had snapped [the gun] in half.
    Wow!!

Default Re: Man attacked by polar bear

That would suck! They make electric fences to put up around tents that keep bears away, as I've been told, haven't put one to the test. As far as his trip wire, seems something went wrong.
    -Remember the Constitution-

But despite his brush with death, Mr Nilssen said he was not angry at the bear, speculating that it carried out its unusual attack on humans because it was hungry.
    Stupid liberal. How do you not get angry with something that just tried to kill you. At least he didn't mention global warming.

(Washington County)

Probably a realist, not a liberal. They do that when they are hungry, they try to eat.

As for the electric fence, thats some fence you need to keep up, they are BIG bears, plus there may not have been a ton of places to hook it up to.

I wonder if something like a serbu super would have been more handy in this situation. "This is my I'm getting eaten by a bear gun"

(Delaware County)

I wouldn't be angry at the bear either. Angry at myself for fucking up my early warning defenses yeah.
    Soldats ! Faites votre devoir ! Droit au cœur mais épargnez le visage. Feu !

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Stupid liberal. How do you not get angry with something that just tried to kill you. At least he didn't mention global warming.
    I do not agree.

Animals do not think, they react. The polar bear was doing what they do, predating. I would not be angry either, as an emotion like anger is not a proper way to think or respond. Sure, it is great to be angry when the fight is on to help motivate fighting back. However, after the fact anger is completely without warrant. A more appropriate emotion is in order, gratitude towards the camping buddy with the placing of five aimed rifle bullets into the bear.

I am a hunter and a conservationist, and I do not get angry at nature...
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Lancaster County)

If he were a liberal he would have fed one of the other people to the polar bear out of guilt for its situation and preference to use someone else's resources to solve problems.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    I do not agree.

Animals do not think, they react. The polar bear was doing what they do, predating. I would not be angry either, as an emotion like anger is not a proper way to think or respond. Sure, it is great to be angry when the fight is on to help motivate fighting back. However, after the fact anger is completely without warrant. A more appropriate emotion is in order, gratitude towards the camping buddy with the placing of five aimed rifle bullets into the bear.

I am a hunter and a conservationist, and I do not get angry at nature...
    I agree, you can't blame a bear, for being a bear. No more than you can blame a dog, for being a dog.

That being said, I think it would be un-bear-able to go through a situation like that.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Montgomery County)

Yeah, a liberal would have blamed global warming or Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    As for the electric fence, thats some fence you need to keep up, they are BIG bears, plus there may not have been a ton of places to hook it up to.
    This fence uses some battery system, if I remember it stopped black bears. So something like a Polar Bear? It was said they can smell the electric field and don't even want to mess with it. A few tried and the zap turned them away even with several pounds of fresh food inside the fenced area.
    -Remember the Constitution-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast