Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Place to Shoot in Southwest PA

I posted this in the Allegheny County sub forum but since I am willing to go to neighboring counties, I figured I'd post here too.

I am getting married in October and having my bachelor party the weekend of September 18th. I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I want to go somewhere either that Friday or Saturday and shoot some guns with my friends. I have a shotgun and a .22 rifle and a few of my friends have various pistols, rifles etc.

Normally we go to the state game lands in Wexford but I would like to go somewhere hopefully less crowded and where we don't have to worry about magazine limits etc. This does not mean we will be unsafe or anything like that. No one will be drinking or getting out of hand but I would like to be able to fire shot from my shotgun, maybe shoot some watermelon and like I said, load up magazines all the way.

So if anyone knows of private ranges we could rent time at or has land they would be willing to let us use (obviously you would be more than welcome to shoot with us) I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Place to Shoot in Southwest PA

How many people are we talking about?

I have plenty of room for pistols and shotguns, and I hope to have the rifle range ready by October. I also have a clay bird thrower, for that sort of thing.

I'm in northwestern Beaver County, so it's a trek from Pixburgh, depending on where you are. It's about 40 minutes from the airport, if that helps.

I don't care what you shoot, as long as you clean it all up, afterwards.

Oh, and congrats on the pending nuptials.
    Last edited by kevindsingleton; August 12th, 2010 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Forgot to say something nice to the condemned.
    Kevin Singleton, Potawatomi - {ZRT - Sector 4}