Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Form 5330.20 and Print card question

Hello all,

You were all right. I built my first AR-15 this Winter, now I've got a list of future builds. First on my list is a SBR. All systems go, just dotting the i's so to speak. I have a question about a box in Form 5330.20 and a couple boxes in the Print Card. Here goes:

5330.20 - #3, 2nd box: Country Name (list additional country(ies) below if applicable).

~This box is next the one that asks what my COUNTRY of citizenship is. I listed U.S.A in that one. Am I supposed to list U.S.A. again in the box to the right of it? Or is this just for additional countries that I am a citizen. I assume it's for additional countries like the parenthesis indicate, but I want to be 100% sure.

Finger Print Card - Employer and Address

~It is currently blank and was left blank when the officer who printed me printed the cards. He asked me where I worked when he was filling it out and I told him I'm disabled/unemployed. My assumption is to leave it blank. Please let me know if that is an incorrect assumption

Finger Print Card - Citizenship CTZ (assume I should print U.S.A.)
    Finger Print Card - Your No. OCA (no clue)

Thank you all for the information already posted and any extra tidbits I can pick up in this thread. I appreciate it greatly. Once these few items are filled out, I'm finished with forms.

Take care,
    G.

Default Re: Form 5330.20 and Print card question

Just a guess here, but I would not leave any question blank.

I'd put DISABLED for that one if that's what you actually are for employment purposes

(Berks County)

Thanks guys. I'll fill in Disabled then.

Deadpan, my form is a version stating: 'revised April 2006'. I'm 98% sure the additional box on #3 if for addition countries of citizenship, but I don't want to send it off and get rejected for some stupid reason like a misunderstanding of the form. I either leave it blank or I write in U.S.A. again. I'm 100% sure I'm nuking this form, but I don't care, I just want to get it right the first time.

Here is what I received from BATFE:

Thanks again,
    G.

(Berks County)

As a follow up here, I spoke with the BATFE twice. Yup, twice. When it comes to things like this, I like to call twice and speak with different people and see if the answer is the same. That comes from my experiences with insurance companies and my physical injuries/disability. Here is what I learned.

On form 5330.20 : The second country block on my April 06 revision is for dual citizenship. That's what I assumed, but it's nice to know for sure. I doubt it matters if I write U.S.A. a second time or not, but I am leaving it blank on the copy that I'm sending in.

On Print Cards : First person I spoke with at NFA branch said it was supposed to be filled out with the information of the person doing the finger printing. In my case, that would be the police department and station address where I was printed.

On my follow up call I went through the FFL center and spoke to someone who used to work in the NFA branch. She told me she saw the information filled out both ways (police/personal). She also said that the 'Employer and Address' block isn't crucial to the form. As long as the prints, personal info, and social # were all accurate...the print cards were accepted and used to process the request.

So. 2nd country of citizenship block remains blank for me, as I do not have dual citizenship. And the 'Employer and Address' block on my print cards are filled in with the police department and address where I had my prints taken. This may be duplicate information for the NFA veterans, sorry for the redundancy guys. For the rookies like myself, perhaps my sharing helps.

Take care,
    G.