Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PA Game News

(Lehigh County)

Default PA Game News

Does anyone read this magazine. Check out the article Making Hay in the August issue, it starts out by saying and I do quote "Making hay in Vermont can be a tough proposition." I'm sure the author who writes this article is a nice guy and my beef is not with him. But this totally ticks me off I wonder who owed a favor to this guy or his dad to get him this writing gig. The last time I read the title it said Pennsylvania Game News not the Vermont news. I guess in PA there were no competent writers to write this one page article every month. Why dont't we publish the Vermont game laws in the magazine also. The one thing I liked about this publication was that it was PA's own magazine. Other PA magazines have the same articles that other state have in there publications. I guess nothing is sacred

(Somerset County)

Default Re: PA Game News

The author (Chuck Fergus) was a Pa. resident for a long time and moved to Vermont in the last year or two. He has penned many articles about Pa hunting and other stuff. I think he had a long running column titled "Thornapples".

The last page/article is simply a column written by various authors who cover a wide variety of topics. Just like the last page in many other hunting magazines.

No big deal in my opinion,

Dale
    Last edited by dk99358; August 5th, 2010 at 10:52 PM. Reason: spelling

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by dk99358 View Post
    The author (Chuck Fergus) was a Pa. resident for a long time and moved to Vermont in the last year or two. He has penned many articles about Pa hunting and other stuff. I think he had a long running column titled "Thornapples".

The last page/article is simply a column written by various authors who cover a wide variety of topics. Just like the last page in many other hunting magazines.

No big deal in my opinion,

Dale
    Yes, you are right about thornapples and him living in PA, but he moved to Vermont, and I do not want to read about Vermont in the game news. I also said my problem is not with him, but the PGC. The PA Game News should be written about PA not Vermont hay making. This is not the only thing I disagree with PGC just one of the things I chose to write about. Along the same lines the 2009 gov. elk tag was auctioned off by the NWTF not the ROCKY MOUNTAIN ELK FOUNDATION. Who do you think would pay more money to hunt elk , turkey hunters or elk hunters. Chalk one up for the PGC for that one. Also lets talk about crossbows they legalized the use of powered scoped bows one year, and tried to make them go away the next year. Did you hear about the tuff game warden that harassed the women about the chickadee she mended. One year they printed two turkey tags and then voted at the last second that you could not use the tag. I'm so sick of their bad decisions and it is about time people hold them accountable. They will hold you accountable come fall.
    Last edited by A-5; August 6th, 2010 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A-5 View Post
    Yes, you are right about thornapples and him living in PA, but he moved to Vermont, and I do not want to read about Vermont in the game news. I also said my problem is not with him, but the PGC. The PA Game News should be written about PA not Vermont hay making. This is not the only thing I disagree with PGC just one of the things I chose to write about. Along the same lines the 2009 gov. elk tag was auctioned off by the NWTF not the ROCKY MOUNTAIN ELK FOUNDATION. Who do you think would pay more money to hunt elk , turkey hunters or elk hunters. Chalk one up for the PGC for that one. Also lets talk about crossbows they legalized the use of powered scoped bows one year, and tried to make them go away the next year. Did you hear about the tuff game warden that harassed the women about the chickadee she mended. One year they printed two turkey tags and then voted at the last second that you could not use the tag. I'm so sick of their bad decisions and it is about time people hold them accountable. They will hold you accountable come fall.

You must be new to this game. The Pennsylvania Game Commission has been a long standing joke of an orgaization for a long long time. They have never had or will have a problem finding something to screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by beerhunter View Post
    You must be new to this game. The Pennsylvania Game Commission has been a long standing joke of an orgaization for a long long time. They have never had or will have a problem finding something to screw up.
    We have excellent turkey hunting now, so they will probably turn their attention to that soon, that is, when they are satisfied that nobody wants to hunt deer anymore. Sorry about the double post.

(Lehigh County)

No not new to the game just frustrated with the workings of the PGC. But i am new to the forum just having 40 some comments and I like having some say even if it just venting in a thread thanks PAFOA.

(Bucks County)

Well I am new to the game.. how bad is it screwed up and what happened?

(Lehigh County)

Exclamation Re: PA Game News

We have excellent turkey hunting now, so they will probably turn their attention to that soon, that is, when they are satisfied that nobody wants to hunt deer anymore. Sorry about the double post.
    They have already screwed that up they closed fall turkey totally in 5c where I hunt thanks PGC for taking something away that is plentiful to hunt in Bucks county.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    Well I am new to the game.. how bad is it screwed up and what happened?
    Being new to the game, let me tell you I still try to obey the laws they present to hunting. Look up everything I put in my second post its just stupid uncalled for mistakes. Any 2 year old could make better decisions. For one like i said before who lets the national wildlife turkey foundation raffle a elk tag off. Don't you think the Rocky mountain elk foundation could have done a better job in the raffle. I'm sick and tired of the buddy system I will scratch your back,you scratch mine mentality.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by A-5 View Post
    They have already screwed that up they closed fall turkey totally in 5c where I hunt thanks PGC for taking something away that is plentiful to hunt in Bucks county.
    I guess I should start turkey hunting. Is a slingshot or a brick approved for residential use?

I don't know how this got in there.

These were in the back yard with the deer.

Many of them are a little young I suppose. I did NOT throw the brick in the last pic

27hand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast