Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey people....

(Northampton County)

Default Hey people....

I don't see so many people from Northampton. I live in lehigh county now, but my ltcf was issued in Northampton when I was living in bethlehem............so, here is a question to see how many we got here. How many of you open carry in the lehigh valley and nearby? I'm not a fan of OC because it draw to much attention from others, but in the years I got here I never see anybody OC'ing like people in other counties that are sharing there experience in the forum. Let see how many we got to share there experience....
    KEEP LIVING...KEEP DOING...KEEP SHOOTING

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Hey people....

hmm, open carry might not be the right term for how i carry... however, i carry a 5" 1911 in an IWB. i'm not one for baggy clothes, so it is by no means hidden most of the time. it is typical for the top to be showing completely when i sit down, and after i stand up. i'm not a large guy, and its a pretty sizable piece of steel, so its quite obvious when i carry. i do have my ltcf, so i'm not worried about legal ramifications. nobody has said anything to me about it in a negative light. when people see it they usually do a double take, then just look away. some of my friends say stuff like "oh shit, when did you get that? do you have a permit?" i just turned 21 in august, so not a lot of my friends would expect it. but like i said, nothing negative up until now. but i've only been carrying for about a month.

(Northampton County)

I used to live in Lehigh County and recently moved to Northampton county. I haven't seen any OC in the time that I have been in the Lehigh Valley. I recently applied for my LTCF, and once it arrives I plan to carry concealed. At this point I would not be comfortable open carrying.

(Northampton County)

It's good to see some people around. Maybe is too soon to say it, but I think that OC is not too common in the lehigh valley.

(Northampton County)

"I recently applied for my LTCF, and once it arrives I plan to carry concealed"

depending on how recently, it will be there shortly. woo woo! it only took 3 weeks and one day till mine was in my wallet, and my kimber was on my hip.

"Maybe is too soon to say it, but I think that OC is not too common in the lehigh valley"

born and raised my friend, born and raised. i promise you that it is very uncommon to see somebody in our neck of the woods OC'ing. come to think about it, there really only is a small handful of people that i know who even carry at all.

(Northampton County)

This area is not rural, a great number work in Jersey. A lot of the families around here have been exposed to negative ideas about citizens carrying guns. I ccw as many others do in this area. I do not worry if I print or show a bulge it seems to me as long as the weapon is hidden no one makes a fuss. On the other hand, try open carry in Easton, Bethlehem, Allentown the Lehigh Mall, The Saucon Valley Mall, walk along 22, Airport Road etc. Get the picture? The Police will be recieving many calls from concerned citizens, school kids, soccer moms and little old ladies about men with guns although some may think you are a LEO the papers will be reporting all the complaints. This will alert the anti gun crowd and sympathizers.There may be hearings in Harrisburg. Do we really want that? I would rather have the status quo. Won't you? Also, in my opinion more often than not,open carry makes you more vulnerable to attackers. Now this is my learned opinion because I was in law enforcement others may disagree.

(Northampton County)

I agree with you inkie...

(Northampton County)

Also, in my opinion more often than not,open carry makes you more vulnerable to attackers.
    Would you have any examples of a civilan OCer who was disarmed by a criminal or assaulted just because he was OCing??

(Northampton County)

I will say that OC gives you a sense of "nobody is gonna bother me because they can see I'm packing'' insted of be aware of your surrounding everytime.........just my opinion.

(Northampton County)

Best advice is do not do it. In short order you will stopped by local police or State Police. You will most likely be charged under various possible laws, probably not gun related. You will appear in court and may walk but still incur a legal fee.

Is it worth that just to try and make some "point" or statement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast