Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Lucky clerk fends off armed robber

To say this guy has balls of steel is an understatement. What would you have done? And the big question: would this have been prevented if the clerk were OCing?

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81050329/

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Lucky clerk fends off armed robber

WOW +1 for the good guy . I do think it would've been different if clerk was oc-ing . Cant tell did he let him go or are they locked in and waiting for police to show up ? I definitely would have held him for police the scum bag

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by myblacktruck View Post
    WOW +1 for the good guy . I do think it would've been different if clerk was oc-ing . Cant tell did he let him go or are they locked in and waiting for police to show up ? I definitely would have held him for police the scum bag
    Looks like the door may have been locked, since the BG was seen still in the lobby and didnt immediately leave. Towards the end he is seen approaching the counter one more time, maybe trying to convince the clerk to let him out. Smart move on the part of the good guy if thats the case.

The 'Burg-Northern Berks County, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by myblacktruck View Post
    I definitely would have held him for police the scum bag
    Nawwwwwww.....hold him for the Coroner!

(Berks County)

[QUOTE=1quikmf;1294054]To say this guy has balls of steel is an understatement. What would you have done? And the big question: would this have been prevented if the clerk were OCing?

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81050329/[/QUOT

I dont know if he has balls of steel but he shure has cool nerves. Just like the bad guy waited to pounce on the good guy the good guy returned it! What I would have done is shot him with my own gun or maybe even his. You can bet it was loaded because the bad guy shure appears to be doing alot of pleading. I think if the clerk were to have been OC the bad guy may have tried to move onto weaker prey. It appears that bad guys sense of weak prey was off by a few miles that day! Glad to see another video of the victim coming out on top!

(Lackawanna County)

I thought they quit selling Quaalude...but that clerk must have a stash somewhere!

Oh, and CobaltSS:
    Aio, pari passu, ignorantia legis neminem excusat, et nemo censetur ignorare legem.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

Here we have an example of a guy, wrestling a gun from a robber in ... way too much time for comfort. I doubt this clerk had any FOF training or whatever. Looks like he just got lucky and accidentally pinned the hood rat against the door jamb, more or less choking the gun out of his hand.

Sure, the robber was acting stupid right from the get go. The gun made him obviously feel overconfident, allowing the clerk to get into hand to hand combat range, which in this case is way less than the Tueller Drill 7 yards because he already had the gun drawn, but this moron still managed to get rushed. A tiny bit more caution or knowledge on the robber side and the clerk would have ended up like Mr. DiDonato.

Which in summary means that we just witnessed two morons doing stupid moves caught on tape. No applause from here for either side.

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

(Butler County)

I'm pretty sure the guy did have some sort of submission grappling training. In the 2nd camera view where we see him actually remove the gun he has the perp in a kimura, which allows him to pop the gun out and get a hold of it.

And for what I would have done...

I would have shot him with my Pf9. I manage a store that appears to be similar to this, and I pocket carry my Pf9 all day every day (the khakis I wear have huge front pockets). When a suspicious customer walks in the store this method of carry allows me to already have my hand on the grip of the gun.
    By doing this my draw is shorter than from drawing from a OWB holster with no cover garment because step one of the draw stroke is already completed.

Its nice to see a good guy win.

(Lackawanna County)

Actually it looks like the BG started to point the gun at some other clerks or customers at the other end of the counter. That is when the guy grabbed the guys hand. They are lucky that no one got shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast