Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: This website's acronym needs to be changed

Quote Originally Posted by Franky4Fingers View Post
    So many people here are so quick to argue something,
    So anyone that disagrees with you is arguing? It is a discussion forum. (BTW, it takes two to argue.) You could always just blog if you don't want others opinions.

The point of my post is that it should be short and sweet, nothing should ever be more complex than it has to be.
    PA is short
    FOA is short.

Not really that complex. I can remember FOA. And I usually know my state is PA.
    The right to bear arms isn't for hunting bear. Subliminal Messages

(Bucks County)

So many people here are so quick to argue something, they'd tell you your rear end was punched in if you said it was bored out.

The point of my post is that it should be short and sweet, nothing should ever be more complex than it has to be. It also should be catchy and stick in your mind, Like NASCAR. PAFOA does not.
    It's pronounced poofa. Works for me.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    It's pronounced poofa. Works for me.
    According to the Urban Dictionary
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=poofa#

1. poofa
    Slang in Tracy, CA for crystal meth.

2. Poofa
    This is a term that refers to the big bulge that obese people have around their bladder area. It sometimes can look like two big balls of greasy fat. It must be lifted up when engaging in any type of sexual activity and can crush the partner if they are not carefull.

3. Poofa
    The code word for PAFOA. Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association.

4. Poofa
    Slang reference to the Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Association forum and its members because its easier to enunciate than PAFOA.
    The right to bear arms isn't for hunting bear. Subliminal Messages

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlgpa View Post
    2. Poofa
    This is a term that refers to the big bulge that obese people have around their bladder area. It sometimes can look like two big balls of greasy fat. It must be lifted up when engaging in any type of sexual activity and can crush the partner if they are not carefull.
    Thanks for that. That'll put me off my feed for a couple days.

(Schuylkill County)

So many people here are so quick to argue something, they'd tell you your rear end was punched in if you said it was bored out.

The point of my post is that it should be short and sweet, nothing should ever be more complex than it has to be. It also should be catchy and stick in your mind, Like NASCAR. PAFOA does not.
    Nobody was arguing that I can tell, but you honestly can't expect to make a thread about PAFOA being too hard to remember, and not get varied responses.. I'm not saying we're all geniuses, but come on... it's 5 letters, and when you break it down into FOA, and PA, it makes sense. I really don't see what the problem is. I think it's fine the way it is.
    III%

(Dauphin County)

Too much work to change the name. Plus it doesn't need changed. It's not that hard to remember.. Average person can recall around 5-7 digits at a time anyway in short term memory--and those are random ones.

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    Nobody was arguing that I can tell, but you honestly can't expect to make a thread about PAFOA being too hard to remember, and not get varied responses.. I'm not saying we're all geniuses, but come on... it's 5 letters, and when you break it down into FOA, and PA, it makes sense. I really don't see what the problem is. I think it's fine the way it is.
    I was only referring to the few people that responded to that point, obviously. Especially Mr. Yuck, there. WTF is with all the arbitrary stats....and.........ya know what...never mind.........Also, don't get so bent out of shape, I said argue. Not "fighting" or "flaming". Arguing isn't such a horrible word.

I think its a fair subject and valid point, if you disagree that's fine. But don't say PAFOA is better than PFA or PFOA. When it comes to acronyms either less is better, or forming a word is better. Random letters is not better. I mean, why not make it PAFAOA? The extra "A" standing for "arm" in "firearm"
    Pennsylvania is one word, when abbreviated by itself, yeah, PA, Penn, etc, all of those are acceptable. Like I said, look at the NRA. They could of jumbled a whole lot more words in there.

I knew I couldn't be the only person that thinks like this, I see that one person agree with me at least. I'm sure there's more that haven't spoke up.

(Schuylkill County)

I was only referring to the few people that responded to that point, obviously. Especially Mr. Yuck, there. WTF is with all the arbitrary stats....and.........ya know what...never mind.........Also, don't get so bent out of shape, I said argue. Not "fighting" or "flaming". Arguing isn't such a horrible word.

I think its a fair subject and valid point, if you disagree that's fine. But don't say PAFOA is better than PFA or PFOA. When it comes to acronyms either less is better, or forming a word is better. Random letters is not better. I mean, why not make it PAFAOA? The extra "A" standing for "arm" in "firearm"
    Pennsylvania is one word, when abbreviated by itself, yeah, PA, Penn, etc, all of those are acceptable. Like I said, look at the NRA. They could of jumbled a whole lot more words in there.

I knew I couldn't be the only person that thinks like this, I see that one person agree with me at least. I'm sure there's more that haven't spoke up.
    I work with hundreds of acronyms on a daily basis, so it's nothing new to me. Maybe it just doesn't matter as much to me.

BTW, I didn't mean to come off as a deucshe... I should have put a little or at the end I suppose. I was just saying, I really don't think it's that big of a deal....

The "Mr.Yuck" thing made me chuckle though..
    III%

(Venango County)

I can see why some people might want to trim it down, but lets face it. If it was needed, it is far to late for that now. All this time, all these people passing on the good word for the PAFOA, to change it now would make that a moot point.

Myself, I don't see any problems with PAFOA. I think it works, is memorable, and easy to google.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Monroe County)

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast