Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default I am disgusted by the Mainstream Media

Again, another blog entry (IMHO) from Michael Bane worth sharing here:

http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/2006...t-snipers.html

I will not pretend to think I have right to tell anyone what to do, but I would ask that those who read this DO NOT click on the links to the video on CNN's website. Please do not give them the satisfaction of thinking that they're getting site hits on this video.

The people who filmed, edited, and produced this piece should not have the privilege to call themselves Americans. So many people work hard every day to become American citizens, and there are people like these as**s who abuse that right.

I'm all for freedom of speech, and freedom of the press, but this is nothing short of aiding and abetting the enemy. This is treasonous. And American soldiers are being sacrificed for the sake of RATINGS.

I am sickened by this.

(Perry County)

Default Re: I am disgusted by the Mainstream Media

Yeah I saw this this morning - thanks btw for posting Bane's blog... I'll probably read it everyday.

The insurgents are talking about waging a PR campaign aimed at the American public. If CNN continues to air and promote this kind of garbage, the sick SOB's that film this stuff won't have any trouble getting to the American public.

Not only is this aiding the enemy... it's completely disrespectful to the families of these fallen soldiers. Making a public mockery out of their death so that they get ratings and site traffic makes me absolutely livid.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Buckmark.35 View Post
    Yeah I saw this this morning - thanks btw for posting Bane's blog... I'll probably read it everyday.
    No problem, glad there are others who are interested. He's very knowledgable, and it's worth checking out his site if for no other reason than he's in regular contact with people in the industry, as well as higher-ups in the NRA. He also in a lot of cases gets 1st crack at cool stuff from the gun manufacturers.

BTW, if you like his blog, then you really need to check out his show on the Outdoor Channel. Good stuff.

Also wanted to comment on one other thing. I asked in my initial post that people not watch the video on CNN's site, and wanted to make sure everyone knew that I DID NOT watch the video either. I wouldn't ask anyone to do something I wasn't willing to do myself. Personally, I have no interest in endorsing this video, or watching American soldiers die in this way.

(Berks County)

To be honest guys, this has been going on for years. I don't remember exactly which NV General it was, I believe it was Giap, but after the war he was asked about the intelligence that his troops used during the war. He said at that time that the number 1 source of intelligence for his people was the American media. He also admitted that they used the American media as part of their propaganda machine to force us to get out. The media at that time ignored what he had to say and they continue to do it today. That is exactly why I pay no attention to the media. I get my information from sources on both sides and try to figure out where the truth actually lies, and I find that I tend to be more accurate than either of them.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    To be honest guys, this has been going on for years. I don't remember exactly which NV General it was, I believe it was Giap, but after the war he was asked about the intelligence that his troops used during the war. He said at that time that the number 1 source of intelligence for his people was the American media. He also admitted that they used the American media as part of their propaganda machine to force us to get out. The media at that time ignored what he had to say and they continue to do it today. That is exactly why I pay no attention to the media. I get my information from sources on both sides and try to figure out where the truth actually lies, and I find that I tend to be more accurate than either of them.
    You're preaching to the choir here. The parallels between Vietnam and whatever this is conflict/war is called is staggering.

Just because it's been going on for years doesn't make it any less appalling. I was just born at the tail end of Vietnam, and if I were old enough at the time I would be as disgusted at that situation as I am today about this one.

(Bucks County)

Disgusted is putting it mildly. There is no reason to watch or believe the msm at all. The msm is another front in which we are being attacked. When will we wake up???Mike45

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike45 View Post
    Disgusted is putting it mildly. There is no reason to watch or believe the msm at all. The msm is another front in which we are being attacked. When will we wake up???Mike45
    Can I give you an AMEN to that one, brother!

(Perry County)

Unfortunately, I think it will take something of epic proportions to fuel any type of serious change. As long as people can live their day to day lives without consequence, there isn't any motivation for vast and sweeping change. It's going to take something more tragic than 9/11 for this thing to get under control.. and that's saying something.

(Westmoreland County)

Everybody's so concerned with the "here and now" that they're unable to care about what happens next year and unable to remember what happened yesterday. "Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it." We've all heard that phrase so many times yet it fails so sink in with the majority of Americans out there because they're only worried about what they think at this exact second. Everybody was united right after September, 11. Flags flew EVERYWHERE. But within a year people forgot and it wasn't chic to be patriotic anymore...now it's cool to be anti-warbushsoldierrebublicancapitalistwarmongeringpig. It's sad to say but unless there is a major shift in values in this country it will take many 9/11's to cause a change and it would break my heart to see that happen.

You can actually see it here. I was at work last night while watching it, we have a giant screen on CNN (in case of news that affects alarm traffic) and an other on the weather channel as those are the two things that mainly affect alarms. We do not have sound but do have close caption... Not that we have much time to read any of it. http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/ande...per-video.html

I have always said, the media is an army that needs no guns. I once read an article about the Mossad and how they used the media to sway how people think. In the article that i had read, they even created an event that was filmed and as reporters showed the event, the story was quite different from what the reporter who claimed this was a mossad event showed.

Basically the stage was supposed to be like a terrorist group hit in mexico.. the truth showed that mossad agents where the terrorists.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/hundreds.html One of the articles claimed the mossad had agents all over the media and in media managment so they could control what ever we saw. They called it the army that needed no guns as long as they had computers.

To this day, I believe that statment, and although the mossad today is some what like the 60's here where people where told there was no secret agencies in the us, no CIA no operatives no goons. I believe there are and they stage events to make us believe in certain situations.

There is a reason these agencies do not communicate with each other well, even local cities claim they have no communication. Beaver where I live has no communication with Pittsburgh a major city less then 15 miles away. Its not the lack of electronics, its not the cost, its simply.. The less communication that is out there, the more likely a staged operation is to succeed. They rely on the media to communicate, and there is the broken link.

The media can show what they choose to show, they can also not show what they have. As a popular network used to say "We make the news!"
    Its not about reporting what happened, its about making a story often about nothing or showing it in a light that gives the impression of much worst then it actually is. by cutting in and out of topics, they can litterally make any one say what they want them to say. Directors sit in the background with rapid questions, and depending on the answer an other question comes out...

What an actual news report might be...

Reporter "How do you feel about the honest citizen owning guns in america?"
    Man "I feel every one should have at least one gun"
    Reporter "How do you feel about guns being taken away after Catrina"
    Man, "I think the governement should not interfeer with gun ownership"
    Reporter, "but do you agree that illegal guns should be removed from criminals?"
    Man "Yes they should have their gun removed from them".

Once spliced,
    Reporter, "How do you feel about the honest citizen owning guns in america?"
    Man, "I feel every one should have {Splice} their gun removed from them".
    And thats how the news in made!

Yesterday, there was a stabbing of a student in a Florida school, will the media show all sorts of people rallying against knife makers? Will we soon have to spread our peanut butter with a spoon? Its not likely to happen, after all Boys will be Boys, and Knives will always be part of every home... Its not a violent crime if it involves no gun, no one will say remove the right to own a knife!
    Last edited by Frenchy; October 20th, 2006 at 12:34 PM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast