Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default Educating the public

I have an idea. While it seems fairly simple on it's face, there are some intricacies to be thought out before hand. And, of course, I'm sure there are some things that some of you will bring up that I haven't thought of. Here's the basic concept:

Obtain permission from a local sporting goods store to set up a table and spend a day distributing copies of Pa. Patriot's Gun Rights Flyer and answer questions posed by folks who come by. My intention would be to simply sit there and let interested folks take a pamphlet if desired, not actually "hand them out" in an attempt to get everyone coming in and out to take one.

Clearly, I would need the store's permission to do such a thing. Should I get Pa. Patriot's permission to use his work in this manner? I'd also like to have something to hang on the front of my table to get attention, yet not be blatantly offensive to those who may disagree on this subject. It'd be nice to promote this site as well, but I'm not an official representative of it. I believe Dan's permission would be required to use the site logo, and similar permissions for any other sites mentioned (OCDO, etc.).

Lastly, even assuming management's permission (which may well be a longshot), there's a chance that some "anti-gunners" will be encountered. Anyone attempting something like I'm proposing should be prepared for this and be able to calmly thank them for their opinion, etc. and not engage in mouth fighting.

Your thoughts....? Would you participate in an event like this in your home area if the proper permissions could be obtained?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Educating the public

Wow! Based on the lack of interest in the lobbying event, I wasn't really expecting the masses to jump on the bandwagon with this idea, but I thought I'd at least get some criticism or reasons why I shouldn't bother with it.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Wow! Based on the lack of interest in the lobbying event, I wasn't really expecting the masses to jump on the bandwagon with this idea, but I thought I'd at least get some criticism or reasons why I shouldn't bother with it.
    I hadn't seen this one before...I think it's a good idea, but I'd say yes, get permission from all involved before you use any of the materials/logos. I don't know how effective this might be, but it would be interesting to see how it turned out. It can never hurt, and the gun shops should be eager to support such a thing IMHO.

(Luzerne County)

I too just saw this. With small game, bow season, work, etc I've been too busy to scan all the posts daily
    If you got a Q, PM me!

The flyer is for use for all things productive to the cause. All I would ask people is to drop me a line and let me know what your using them for. I can always use the info for possible future revisions.

I think it's a great idea. I am getting a bunch of flyers for a local shop that wants to put them out myself. I also had an inquiry from Cabela's (I still have to call them back), not sure what they want them for but they wanted a large quantity. Maybe employee info, maybe to put out in PA stores. Not sure until I call the nice woman back.

(Franklin County)

You ought to point Cabela's to your sight and let them run them off on their own dime (unless of course you can make it worth the work and expense of doing it yourself). The manager of the Hamburg store has already received one from me, so he should have the info on where to get more.

If my plan materializes, I'll probably print one here at home in B&W, then go to Staples for mass copies. This seems like the most economical way for an individual to do it, though the color image on the front and highlighting of various key points inside add a nice touch that I hate to lose.

I'll definitely be in touch with you if/when things begin to come together.

(Beaver County)

Pa Patriot and others we should do a presentation at all local sportsmen clubs i cant believe all the miss imformation i hear from the gun crowd, you know my uncle, my friend told me its illigal to do that. I think its important we reach as many as possible before the elections.Be safe Mtn Jack

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    This is the first I've seen it too, and I'm here every day at least twice.
    I wonder what else I might be missing when I click on the "New Posts" link.

It sounds like a great idea.
    It seems like it would be worthwhile to distribute the pamphlets to any and every store and shop that sells guns or anything related to shooting. I keep a supply of them on the table at the gun club I'm most active with, they seem to go fast, but the last one always stays there for others to see. (It's nice to be around people who like to share).