Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: There ought to be an appeals board when a member is banned.

Quote Originally Posted by t1m0thy View Post
    There will always be assholes on the internet wherever you go and at one time or another you will have to deal with it. Sometimes you meet people who are reasonable and decent and other times you come across petty thugs who like to use their keyboards like clubs to pound on others with the modicum of power they hold in a particular corner of the cyber world. This forum is no different than any other place on the internet and is prone to the same bullshit by mods and users. You can try to voice your opinion but if its going to fall on deaf ears what is the point? Just let people have their delusions of grandeur and don't let it get it you. Its just not worth the time to dwell on it for very long.

By the way I have three fingers pointing back at me when I type this because I know its a lesson we all need to learn from time to time.

More like delusions of adequacy!!!
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    Just remember if you are banned you may have to clear your "cookies" to be able get back to the page where you can file the report, otherwise you may still be logged in and get the "you don't have permission to view this page" message.
    Last edited by soberbyker; July 31st, 2010 at 08:26 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Just remember if you are banned you may have to clear your "cookies" to be able get back to the page where you can file the report, otherwise you may still be logged in and get the "you don't have permission to view this page" message.
    Just remember, if you are banned you may have to clear your cookies in order to read the above post telling you to clear your cookies in order to file a report, in order to file a report.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-12 View Post
    Just remember, if you are banned you may have to clear your cookies in order to read the above post telling you to clear your cookies in order to file a report, in order to file a report.
    The post was meant for folks yet to be banned funny guy

If I want to avoid getting a speeding ticket, I make sure that I stay a couple MPH under the limit. I don't do 58 in a 55 zone, and then bitch about all the other speeders who didn't get ticketed.

I suspect that this strategy has applications on moderated Internet forums, too.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I suspect that this strategy has applications on moderated Internet forums, too.
    That is the way I look at it. There are rules, the rules are not hidden, and for the most part require an amount of common sense.

When these rules are broken, punishment is given out. I can't post and say that (as an example) Gunlawyer is a mother $%^$# SOB!, and not expect to have something fall back on me. (For the record, I have nothing but respect for GL, as well as every other member on this board)

My post count isn't as high as other members, but it is (in my eyes) an amount that shows I contribute a significant amount. I have not been issued any warning, infractions, or bans. There is a reason for that.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12