Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Anyone have anything to say about the NcStar AR15 Flip Up Iron Sights?

Front $27

http://www.outdoorbunker.com/Product...F-%29&CartID=3

Rear $33

http://www.outdoorbunker.com/Product...R-%29&CartID=2

About $90-$100 for Magpul BUIS or you could spend $60 on these. I couldn't find any reviews online. Has anyone tried them or seen a review? They might be a deal or they could be more NcStar Chinese crap.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Washington County)

Default Re: Anyone have anything to say about the NcStar AR15 Flip Up Iron Sights?

Foot in mouth...found a short review

http://www.opticsplanet.com/reviews/...ear-sight.html

Oh and it looks identical to what UTG sells.

In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Washington County)

Default Re: Anyone have anything to say about the NcStar AR15 Flip Up Iron Sights?

Going to be crap for a rifle. If you are looking for cheap airsoft equipment, then OK.

(Berks County)

I have had three NcStar products. NcStar has never once failed to let me down. I avoid anything with their name on it.

(Washington County)

I actually have one of their long eye reliefe scopes on my Mosin (sounds crazy...I know) and the first one I couldn't get to zero so they replaced it for free and the new one I have works fine when I get get the rings to stop loosening. Every now and then they must let something that works right slip out the door. Maybe I'll try those folding iron sights from them and write an extensive review, even though common sense tells me not to.
    Last edited by JoshIronshaft; July 30th, 2010 at 10:21 AM.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeSheepDog View Post
    I actually have one of their long eye reliefe scopes on my Mosin (sounds crazy...I know) and the first one I couldn't get to zero so they replaced it for free and the new one I have works fine when I get get the rings to stop loosening. Every now and then they must let something that works right slip out the door. Maybe I'll try those folding iron sights from them and right an extensive review, even though common sense tells me not to.
    Just think, if you buy a good set later, they will end up being $30 more. I don't like the price of a lot of these, but agree that a good set of sights, when they are good, will be worth it.

Ive had a few things of theirs, and they never fail to disappoint.

(Washington County)

The UTG is looking a lot better at the price on amazon with acceptable reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Flip-up-Ta.../dp/B001WIUJXW

(Northampton County)

I can't think of anything good to say about anything from NCStar.

The Magpul sights are crap too, BTW. MagPul makes great mags and a couple other accessories - their sling is awesome - but the sights are junk.

I prefer Midwest Industries but would also settle for Troy sights. They cost a bit more, but you'll only buy them once.

I like the SPLP rear flip up since it is completely flat when folded down.

YMMV
    Complete equality isn't compatible with democracy, but it is agreeable to totalitarianism. After all the only way to ensure the equality of the slothful, the inept and the immoral is to suppress everyone else. - Iain Benson

(Northampton County)

I hope this isn't TOO far off topic, but I have two NCStar red dots. They look a little like CMore Railway but are more compact and I like them better.

I shoot them FA exclusively. Both started dying within 4 or 5 months. After a few attempts at taking them apart to find a way to fix them I finally took one of them COMPLETELY apart into basic components, found the loose screws and now they work.

They have NEVER lost zero and are a great little package and a great value as long as you know they will die and you know how to fix them.

Before I figured out how to fix them an NCStar dealer told me they had a lifetime warranty. I decided it wasn't worth my time to mail them back for a replacement that would only last 4 months. But now that I fixed them, I love them.

In my limited experience they make cheap blasting gear that works very well. Not serious gear.

(Allegheny County)

I think a used set of MI or YHM will go much further than the NCStar stuff will.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast