Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

Question Re: Erie County CCW Application Form

Hi Everyone:

I am disabled and use a motorized wheelchair to get around. I would like to get a revolver for Conceal Carry and Home Defense once I get my CCW permit upon relocating to Erie County.

My upper body strength is good. I am right handed; my dexterity is fair but better in my right hand then my left hand. I do not stand much, so my legs are weak. In most cases, a manual wheelchair is used when traveling with someone else pushing the wheelchair.

Another thing is, I am unemployed. Are these two things that could be held against me, even though it should not be by the Erie County Sheriff when I submit my Erie County CCW Application Form? Also I am currently unemployed at this time. If I leave the Employment Section of the Application blank, will that be frowned upon?

One more thing, I was just wondering how the Ruger SP101 (catalog number KSP-3231X in .32 Magnum/.32 Long with 3 1/16" barrel would rate as a Concealed Carry Handgun for a disabled shooter such as myself? Would this handgun have enough stopping power

Thank you for your time, consideration, and cooperation. I hope to hear from you soon,

David
    Last edited by dsawi52695; February 25th, 2010 at 05:28 PM.