Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default guns stuck in red tape

i have 2 collectable firearms paid for, and sitting out of state. i purchaced them on gunbroker.com. as i put in my bid, i was arrested. i was acting in self defence, but i was still arrested!. it's been 8 months and still going. how can i get these 2 guns legally? is it even possible?

Default Re: guns stuck in red tape

Quote Originally Posted by davetanner View Post
    i have 2 collectable firearms paid for, and sitting out of state. i purchaced them on gunbroker.com. as i put in my bid, i was arrested. i was acting in self defence, but i was still arrested!. it's been 8 months and still going. how can i get these 2 guns legally? is it even possible?
    Were you charged or convicted of a prohibiting offense? Your best bet would be to secure an attorney.

There are some details missing here that would help to understand the situation, although I understand if you don't want to post anything further publicly. You mention that they're collectible firearms; were the firearms being shipped from/to an FFL-01 or are you a FFL-03 (C&R) holder? If it's the former, I'm not sure why the sender wouldn't deliver them to an FFL in Pennsylvania based upon your arrest, as it would be the receiving FFL's duty to ensure that you're not prohibited. If the latter is the case, do you still hold a valid C&R license?

Sounds like a question for your attorney, not a public forum. I'm sure it depends on a lot of things that you would be ill advised to discuss here.

(Butler County)

With the lack of information in your post the only answer is talk to an attorney. Assume you're dealing with one on your arrest.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by davetanner View Post
    i purchaced them on gunbroker.com. as i put in my bid, i was arrested. i was acting in self defence, but i was still arrested!
    I can't make heads or tails of that. You placed a bid in self-defense? And while you clicked "bid," cops swooped in and arrested you? Even though you were bidding in self-defense?