Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Phila L & I attorney is Montco County contracted Attorney

So I did some further follow up on Philadlephia L & I process. The attorney who handles L & I hearing in Philadelphia is a Montgomery County attorney contract by the City of Philadelphia. When I spoke to him he indicated that he handles solely Philadelphia L & I LTCF denials. I wonder if he is paid by the number of denials? Would explain why Philadelphia's process is not consistant with statute. Why are the taxpayers of Phila paying for an out of county attorney? why is the City solicitors office handdling LTCF denial?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Phila L & I attorney is Montco County contracted Attorney

This is already under "discussion" under: http://forum.pafoa.org/philadelphia-...e-denials.html
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

What are the chances that two separate people "discovered" this fact only hours apart? Was there a newspaper article or something?

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post
    When I spoke to him he indicated that he handles solely Philadelphia L & I LTCF denials. I wonder if he is paid by the number of denials? Would explain why Philadelphia's process is not consistant with statute.
    I'd be inclined to believe the opposite - that having someone who isn't associated with the Philadelphia establishment handling LTCF denials would make the process more likely to follow the procedures set forth in the UFA.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post
    Why are the taxpayers of Phila paying for an out of county attorney?
    What difference does "out of county" make? Is Montgomery County in Mexico or something? Do you think all Philadelphia taxpayer dollars should go only to businesses that are located within Philadelphia County?

If you read the other thread, GunLawyer001 seems to have a pretty good opinion of the attorney in question. Every county probably has an attorney to advise the LTCF process; Philadelphia is just contracting out work that would probably be handled by the DA's office if they weren't so busy with those pesky murders and dirty cops. As long as he or she is following the law, I don't care if the attorney is in Pittsburgh or Erie.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by kcr121 View Post
    What are the chances that two separate people "discovered" this fact only hours apart? Was there a newspaper article or something?
    In before the lock...I'm curious to know the answer to this question, in this thread or the other one.