Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: PAFOA Westy Group Shoot #42

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    cc,
    most people who are involved in these shoots want nothing more than to have participants enjoy themselves safely.

Asking what is permissible or throwing ideas out there is fine but you will almost always get some replies with a smattering of sarcasm or typo verbal abuse.
    It's what we do

In the past, there have been suggestions for hanging hard boiled eggs, water balloons, fruit, golf balls, etc, etc.

Just come and enjoy what is available. The EI bay always has a different setup and the main range usually always has some kind of steel as well as paper targets.

Unfortunately, skeet or whatever in the hell people do with shotguns hasn't had a certified RSO for quite a while and it seems the group shoots would like to keep everyone up in the IPSC bays. Sometimes the Easter Island course of fire is SG friendly but that's up to the setup crew.

One thing I'd like to see is a post shoot cleanup, not just for what the group shoot was involved with but an overall cleanup of old targets, empty boxes, beat up target stands and empty shell casings (brass and steel alike).

If I make it, I can probably bring some 1/4" steel for the welding crew.

I kinda like shooting steel myself.
    lefty
    yeah i know yins like to heckel people, especially if i'm an outsider that is way to close to nj. it's all good... so how about them pirates? lol

so to ro, do i need to be a pmsc member? or just completed the nra rso class? i am considering taking rso so it would help me out if we ever do a se pa group shoot, or if i go to the once in a while ne pa shoots, or possibly be temporary relief for some of you guys that ro.
    my goal: to get every good person in the philly region responsibly armed.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by ccphilly1984 View Post
    yeah i know yins like to heckel people, especially if i'm an outsider that is way to close to nj. it's all good... so how about them pirates? lol

so to ro, do i need to be a pmsc member? or just completed the nra rso class? i am considering taking rso so it would help me out if we ever do a se pa group shoot, or if i go to the once in a while ne pa shoots, or possibly be temporary relief for some of you guys that ro.
    If you guys start your own shoots it's up to you what's required, or not required. For us it's the RSO cert or PMSC has thier own cert. I don't think it's required the Ro's be members but we pretty much all are snd it works out well.

Don't worry about us. We got it covered out here. Seems you easties haven't had as much luck with the group shoots so maybe that's something you, and your never ending enthusiasm could get going. It would be cool if you could get something similliar going out east. There's a lot of people out there that would really enjoy something like we have going.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

One thing I'd like to see is a post shoot cleanup, not just for what the group shoot was involved with but an overall cleanup of old targets, empty boxes, beat up target stands and empty shell casings (brass and steel alike
    Hans, This is a great idea. We always try to clean up themess we make ans whatever else we can but it's always nice to leave it better than you find it. Many hands make light work. If we can get a few people to stick around for even 10 minutes we can get a lot accomplished. Let's make it happen.

If I make it, I can probably bring some 1/4" steel for the welding crew.

I kinda like shooting steel myself.
    lefty
    Nice. Our steel is really heavy so doesn't swing easily with the little stuff. Maybe I'll make a dedicated .22 swinger so the cheap bastards (er) .22 enthusiasts don't have to feel left out. I'll have to put a big sign on it that says .22 only! and we're good to go.

Lefty
    I guess you can call me "righty" because I took a slice out of my thumb down to the bone. Doesn't seem to be slowing me down much but I have to be careful not to pull out the stitches. Won't stop me from welding though

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    I guess you can call me "righty" because I took a slice out of my thumb down to the bone. Doesn't seem to be slowing me down much but I have to be careful not to pull out the stitches. Won't stop me from welding though
    why not just super glue over the stitches?

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyWhiteGuy View Post
    why not just super glue over the stitches?
    I actually suggested he super glue the wound shut. Hell, if it was good enough for my last surgery, it should be good enough for him. He did put New Skin over the sutures. Then he read the bottle and the first warning was not to apply over stitches. Good luck getting those stitches out.

Quote Originally Posted by ccphilly1984 View Post
    ... i am considering taking rso so it would help me out if we ever do a se pa group shoot, or if i go to the once in a while ne pa shoots, or possibly be temporary relief for some of you guys that ro.
    If you do get group shoots going in SEPA, I'm sure that a few of us westies will be willing to make the trek out there to shoot with y'all. Then the shoe would be on the other foot, we'd be the people getting heckled.

(Allegheny County)

[QUOTE=
    I guess you can call me "righty" because I took a slice out of my thumb down to the bone. Doesn't seem to be slowing me down much but I have to be careful not to pull out the stitches. Won't stop me from welding though [/QUOTE]

A bonafide manly wonder weldor would just run a rod really hot and use the cherry red stub to cauterize any minor thumb imperfections.

What the hell did you do? How bad?

War story to follow. Sorry, it comes with age coupled with boredom.

I inadvertently got my left thumb into the guard space of a sawzall within the first 15 minutes of starting work. The first stroke ripped the thumbnail out but hanging on a piece of skin. The following strokes removed skin, then thumb meat down about 1/4".
    My safety supervisor who is always looking to save the company a buck asked if I could wait 45 min. till the company's care facility opened on Carson St. I did, had the thumbnail sewed back on and went back to work. Eventually a new nail poked through but the tip is numb and I drop stuff easily.

Since I do try to bring these off topic comments back around to be somewhat thread related, do you have an idea of what sized pieces of plate you would like to work with? I'll go see what I have.

Stitches usually come out in a week to ten days.
    Hope it's not too bad.

27onehand

(Allegheny County)

the tip is numb and I drop stuff easily.
    damn, bet the wife hates that...

(Butler County)

A bonafide manly wonder weldor would just run a rod really hot and use the cherry red stub to cauterize any minor thumb imperfections.

He stitched it up himself. Does that count?

What the hell did you do? How bad?

Stabbed himself while cutting a thick zip tie and not being careful. He'll live.

27onehand
    I got to the point a looong time ago that if the boys weren't gushing blood, it was no big deal. I got really good at predicting how many stitches their wounds would need at the emergency room.

At one visit, for Matt, we were questioned, separately, about child abuse.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    If you do get group shoots going in SEPA, I'm sure that a few of us westies will be willing to make the trek out there to shoot with y'all. Then the shoe would be on the other foot, we'd be the people getting heckled.
    then i'd have to make you guys some GOOD cheesesteaks...

if i buy some land in the poconos, i'd probially have my own shooting range and would set up a bar with a keggerator... thatd make for a good group shoot
    Last edited by ccphilly1984; July 31st, 2010 at 07:39 PM.
    my goal: to get every good person in the philly region responsibly armed.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast