Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Question on Mechanicsburg Ranges

Hi, I have been looking for a local range and have almost decided on joining the west shore sportsman's association. I like the idea of an indoor handgun range. Before I send in my application I have a few questions I hope someone can answer.

1. What is there guest policy?
    2. Would it make sense to wait until the new year to join?

Also if anyone could recommend other ranges to check out that would be great, I live on the Enola side of Mechanicsburg.

Default Re: Question on Mechanicsburg Ranges

a friend of mine took me to a gun range somewhere there in mechanicsburg. it had a huge metal gate which you need to know the combo to open. i believe there are 2 rifle ranges and 1 indoor range..

is this the range you're talking about?

(Carbon County)

I belonged to the west shore sportamans club that you are asking about before I moved north. There guest policy is no guests the last that I had heard, which was a change from previous procedures where a member could buy a guest pass which was a discounted rate that was changed. the guest now pays a daily fee, which I do not know what it is, and after two visits that person must purchase a full membership. to shoot indoor the last I had heard the indoor range was shut down for having splashback injuries.

the club off of wertzville rd in back of casa rillos is nice requires a nra basic course to shoot indoor.

please feel free to call Jack Kurtz @ classic firearms 717.731.0991
    he is a current member and a member of SASS as well he will have current information I am sure.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by em2b96p View Post
    a friend of mine took me to a gun range somewhere there in mechanicsburg. it had a huge metal gate which you need to know the combo to open. i believe there are 2 rifle ranges and 1 indoor range..
    That may be the MSA. Where my girlfriend and I are members. Big yellow swinging gate with padlock.

Mechanicsburg Sportsmem's Association: http://www.msa-pa.org/
    944/Wertzville road to Millers Gap Road (at Visaggio's Restaurant)

$35/year membership gets you the combination to the gate. Open 9:00AM 'till dusk. 25/50/100 yard covered outdoor ranges. Shotgun patterning range. Trap field with 1 manual trap that can be used by members. Archery range. Stocked trout pond for members only. Guest pass is $5 and must be arranged in advance. (I believe the guest policy got abused so they had to toughen up a bit.) Indoor centerfire pistol and rimfire ranges require a key fee. Centerfire range requires a training session. I've been a member for about a year and have never even seen any of the indoor ranges. Maybe I should check them out sometime now that it is cold and dark out after work.

If you just want to check it out, I believe the gate is open to the public for the Thursday night trap shoots. The membership form is on their website if you're interested. I had my card in the mail in a few weeks after submitting the application with a membership, initiation fee, and a small donation.

There is also the "Enola Sportsmans Club" along Valley Road. I can't find if they have a website but from what I hear you have to be nominated for a membership by a current member. I don't even know what they have there except for the Wed. night bingo sign I see on my way home from work every day.
    We the people have not only the right but the responsibility to hang tyrants for treason.