I had a no service, you are invisible to us experience both times I visited Schultz's.

Here's what happened three weeks ago on a Thursday. Walked in and took a couple seconds to get my bearings. The lady who owns the place was behind the counter on the phone, another employee on the computer and a third helping a guy with something in the archery section. One other customer looking around. Spent a good 15 minutes checking out supplies, odds & ends etc. The other customer just needed a box of shotgun shells- which he paid for without the lady ever getting off the phone. (She was talking to her website designer by the sound of it).

I walk over to the handgun cases right in front of her and kneel down to look at stuff on the bottom row. She hangs up-calls the guy on the computer over and asks him to go get something. I stand up and start to ask to see a used Redhawk, she walks away from me in mid sentence, picks up the phone and makes a call. I waited another 5 minutes, she never acknowledged me- I pointed at the gun I wanted to look at-figuring she could at least get it out while yakking away on the phone-Nope she ignores me again.

Piss on her-I left and will not be back.