Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Quesrion about HK USP

My local shop is trying like hell to sell me slightly used HK USP in 9mm for $600+.

I've heard many people talk about how great the USP is, yet, i find it nothing spacutaculer about it.

Its DA/SA Double calum polymer pistol with safety. Its got rail, I guess its realiable, and accurte.

But what makes USP soooo much better then, say Glock, Sig, M&P, and XD - So much better that justifying paying for so much more then above mensioned weapon?

Because I just don't see it...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Default Re: Quesrion about HK USP

I owned an HK USP45c. It was a good shooting pistol, but it was very bulky for carrying purposes. The rail is proprietary to HK, so keep that in mind.

I bought my XD 45 Service a few months after buying the USP45c...and must say that the XD45 shot better for me and it felt better in my hands.

HK has always been known for the expensive accessaries and their pistols are the same way. HK factory mags are pretty expensive now $30-40 per mag. I paid $20 for my USPc mags before the price increase.

Only you can determine if HKs are worth the extra money...no poll or thread or thousands of opinions will change your mind. In the end it's your money, so you need to decide.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Quesrion about HK USP

I share the same opinion as aubie regarding proprietary rail, expensive mags and parts.

It may well be a nice shooting pistol but any DA/SA trigger system will be much harder to master than striker fired systems such as is found on the Glock, XD and M&P.