Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Damaged licensed to carry ID

My puppy tore my wallet apart and inside was my license to carry ID. Now the only part of the ID that damaged was the top left corner. Everything else on the ID is in original condition excpet that you can't read the 1st letter of my last name. Is this license still valid or do I need to replace. Again everything else on the card is ok. If this card isn't valid anymore is there a fee for a replacement card? Do they consider the replacement card a duplicate even though I didn't lose the 1st card, it's just damaged.

Dan

(Berks County)

Default Re: Damaged licensed to carry ID

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby333 View Post
    My puppy tore my wallet apart and inside was my license to carry ID. Now the only part of the ID that damaged was the top left corner. Everything else on the ID is in original condition excpet that you can't read the 1st letter of my last name. Is this license still valid or do I need to replace. Again everything else on the card is ok. If this card isn't valid anymore is there a fee for a replacement card? Do they consider the replacement card a duplicate even though I didn't lose the 1st card, it's just damaged.

Dan
    I would suggest just calling your Sheriiff's office and tell them your dog ate your homework and ask them how much they charge for a replacement LTCF. If it's a lot or they want to play games I wouldn't worry about it myself.

(Berks County)

I guess this is another reason to add to the list of why you should carry a copy and not the original.

1. In case police unlawfully confiscate the card without actually revoking the license
    2. In case you lose your wallet
    3. In case your wallet is stolen
    4. In case your dog eats your wallet
    5. .....

(Lackawanna County)

Good thing you're in Northhampton and not Philly...Philly would figure out a way to revoke you because you have a dog.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

My Lab did the same thing. He bit completely through my wallet and cards inside. My card isn't too badly damaged, it was on the corner so only two of his teeth went all the way through, and I have a Utah CCW...so I'm not all too concerned.

Take your damaged LTCF and a photo of your puppy to your local Kinko's. Have the LTCF laminated but insert the photo of the puppy on the rear of the LTCF before they laminate it.

I think any cop you encounter would enjoy that LTCF with a good, hearty laugh and you'd be fine.

(Lehigh County)

My advice is to just call up your Sheriff if you're concerned about it, and go through whatever process they have (whether it's just issuing a new card, or re-applying).

Unfortunately, current law doesn't outline any specific procedure for what to do with lost/stolen/damaged licenses, which means every county could have a different way of handling it.

I'm working to get this part of the law addressed in one of the next bills to come forth amending the licensing law, but that won't be until next session.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    Take your damaged LTCF and a photo of your puppy to your local Kinko's. Have the LTCF laminated but insert the photo of the puppy on the rear of the LTCF before they laminate it.

I think any cop you encounter would enjoy that LTCF with a good, hearty laugh and you'd be fine.
    Until you go to jail.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Northampton County)

A lot of good and funny comments. I like the idea of laminating my dog Scooby's photo on the back. I see from another comment it must be a lab thing with wallets and LTCF ids. Mine was the same. Corner of the wallet.

I called the sheriffs office. They said it's my choice to still use it. The only thing they said is it worth the aggrivation if I get an officer in a bad mood and won't except it. For a few of 10 dollars to replace it it's not worth the chance. They said they replace it right on the spot. No waiting period.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby333 View Post
    A lot of good and funny comments. I like the idea of laminating my dog Scooby's photo on the back. I see from another comment it must be a lab thing with wallets and LTCF ids. Mine was the same. Corner of the wallet.

I called the sheriffs office. They said it's my choice to still use it. The only thing they said is it worth the aggrivation if I get an officer in a bad mood and won't except it. For a few of 10 dollars to replace it it's not worth the chance. They said they replace it right on the spot. No waiting period.
    Did you ask them if that happened, after you sued the city, would the sheriffs department be running security at your daughters birthday party each year?
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast