Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default BAY CITY route 97 Erie County

Does anyone know anything about this club?
    Its a stones throw from SGL Sampson Road.
    It peaked my interest because its very close to my house and I pass it on the way to Sampson Road.
    Also, do clubs admit women as members, or are the gun clubs/private ranges male members only?

Default Re: BAY CITY route 97 Erie County

Michele,
    I don't know much about Bay City, but I can tell you that all of the clubs I have ever belonged to allowed women.
    Jules

(Venango County)

Looks like only a skeet/trap club

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

Thanks for the replies. If its only skeet/trap then i'm out. Even though my son wants to shoot skeet, i'm not joining a club just for him I want a club where everythings available.
    Are we getting an Erie county shoot going or what?

I would look into Gem City. Stay away from that $hithole of a range on Sampson.
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    I would look into Gem City. Stay away from that $hithole of a range on Sampson.
    Jules
    Ok, will do.
    I need to find a home range.
    My son wants to get into skeet. Need a range that has skeet too.

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Does anyone know anything about this club?
    Its a stones throw from SGL Sampson Road.
    It peaked my interest because its very close to my house and I pass it on the way to Sampson Road.
    Also, do clubs admit women as members, or are the gun clubs/private ranges male members only?
    ROFL Man only club, actually, most clubs work hard at getting woman to join.

Most clubs have a member price then a family price, the member will be allowed to vote, but th e"family" or spouse will not. Because the man usually takes the membership, most people thing its a man only club where woman are "allowed" but cant speak up.

Gun clubs generally have family member prices, Sportsmens clubs will have Spouse addons where the spouse cant vote.
    Most clubs have pistol rifle and add skeet to them, the ones who are Skeet only are fairly rare. Although some will advertize a specific disipline, you can only know if you visit them.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Thanks Frenchy.
    I am going to investigate some clubs/ranges in my county.
    Its about time I became a member of somewhere.
    I just figured that being that I don't have a husband it would be hard to join up.
    I would get a family membership so James can shoot too. Then maybe I could bring a guest or two.
    I'm not too concerned about "voting". I don't wear a political hat.
    I've been going to the SGL about two or three times a week, because its close to home. Some that go there are well rather "interesting" to say the least.
    I'm going to make some tracks to some ranges in Erie county. Hopefully, i'll find a home.

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Thanks Frenchy.
    I am going to investigate some clubs/ranges in my county.
    Its about time I became a member of somewhere.
    I just figured that being that I don't have a husband it would be hard to join up.
    I would get a family membership so James can shoot too. Then maybe I could bring a guest or two.
    I'm not too concerned about "voting". I don't wear a political hat.
    I've been going to the SGL about two or three times a week, because its close to home. Some that go there are well rather "interesting" to say the least.
    I'm going to make some tracks to some ranges in Erie county. Hopefully, i'll find a home.
    Generally in PA, you can find about any gun range needs within an hours drive, some times the closest is not the best. Take a look at the club before you join, I joined a club and turns out I cant use it for my needs because the days they have Skeet, they dont allow pistol and vise versa.

I'll be looking at PMSC next year, it is an hour from here, but like I said 1 hr is not that bad to have every range open every day.

You should ask Doug where He goes, he is in your relative area isnt he?
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Generally in PA, you can find about any gun range needs within an hours drive, some times the closest is not the best. Take a look at the club before you join, I joined a club and turns out I cant use it for my needs because the days they have Skeet, they dont allow pistol and vise versa.

I'll be looking at PMSC next year, it is an hour from here, but like I said 1 hr is not that bad to have every range open every day.

You should ask Doug where He goes, he is in your relative area isnt he?
    There are a few on this forum from Erie County. Some go to Gem, some Walnut. I don't mind driving an hour since that would probably be the time frame I would be working with. I'm about an hour from city of Erie.
    Also I would be going to the range on weekdays. Probably very quiet at that time. I found that when I go to the SGL (YUK) on a weekday, usually, i'm the only one on the handgun bay. On the weekends its crowded.
    Being a range member I probably wouldn't use everything thats offered. I only shoot handguns, and I doubt I will go any further. I know never say never. Then theres James. Likes long guns, not handguns. He wants to get into skeet. I think that would be a nice hobby for him. Who knows maybe he could become a great hobby shooter!
    And myself (little secret), I used to shoot compound bows. Haven't for years, but I was pretty good. Actually, I loved it. Who knows, maybe i'll start again.
    Is there a difference between a sportsmens club and a range?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast