Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Civil Service Test Tuesday

My g.f knows whats going on in the job market right now, so i had her set up my test date

(Lackawanna County)

is there any good gun stores in this area? anyone have something for sale in the area?

(Franklin County)

Im bringing this back from the dead because Im headed to Hburg tomorrow to take the civil service exam.
    Whats the verdict as far as CC?
    I'll be CC and on my motorcycle so there wont be anyplace to keep it if I cant take it in with me.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Im bringing this back from the dead because Im headed to Hburg tomorrow to take the civil service exam.
    Whats the verdict as far as CC?
    I'll be CC and on my motorcycle so there wont be anyplace to keep it if I cant take it in with me.
    Last time I took a SCSC (State Civil Service Commission) exam about 2 years ago, the office was located in Strawberry Square in Harrisburg. If that's still the case, it's not a state-owned or operated building. I don't recall whether there was any posted firearms policy as far as OC, but I doubt careful CC would be noticed.

OC might be objected-to on general principles (GUN = EVIL!) by some of the Strawberry Square or SCSC staff, and they might be within their rights to ask you to leave if it was observed. (SS is operated by a private non-profit corporation so not subject to preemption AFAIK. CS is a state agency, so not previously subject to preemption, but might be now under the language changes which came about with the Castle Doctrine passage. See the "Open Carry Soon to be Legal in State Parks" thread for that discussion.)

There were no metal detectors or observed armed security there.

As I said it's been a couple years for me, so I can't verify what it's like now.
    Last edited by twency; October 24th, 2011 at 08:32 AM.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    Last time I took a SCSC (State Civil Service Commission) exam about 2 years ago, the office was located in Strawberry Square in Harrisburg. If that's still the case, it's not a state-owned or operated building. I don't recall whether there was any posted firearms policy as far as OC, but I doubt careful CC would be noticed.

OC might be objected-to on general principles (GUN = EVIL!) by some of the Strawberry Square or SCSC staff, and they might be within their rights to ask you to leave if it was observed. (SS is operated by a private non-profit corporation so not subject to preemption AFAIK. CS is a state agency, so not previously subject to preemption, but might be now under the language changes which came about with the Castle Doctrine passage. See the "Open Carry Soon to be Legal in State Parks" thread for that discussion.)

There were no metal detectors or observed armed security there.

As I said it's been a couple years for me, so I can't verify what it's like now.
    Thanks. It is still located in the same place. I will be CC so as long as there arent metal detectors I think Im good to go.
    As it turns out, I may not be able to test today after all, They are telling me I need to resubmit my application again.

(Wyoming County)

Strawberry Square has police officers stationed inside for certain restricted areas.

To be sure call 717-787-3199 and ask the officer that answers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12