Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: What should be done about Ellen and the Doggie Dilemma?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Decision stands! Give the dog to another family.

4 16.67%
  • Give the dog back to Ellen's hair dresser!

8 33.33%
  • Who cares...I have guns to clean!

12 50.00%
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Ellen and the Doggie Dilemma!

So, what do you guys think about this new media frenzy?

ELLEN DeGENERES burst into tears during her opening monologue during Tuesday's broadcast, lamenting over her dog-adoption dilemma.

She went on to explain her dispute with an animal rescue group that took back a dog she'd adopted after discovering she gave it to her hairdresser.

"Today is a hard day for me," she told her studio audience. "Today is bad. I am not capable of coming out and pretending to be funny and on when things are going so terribly wrong right now."

"I'm so sorry," she said, "I'm just not able to pretend. So I'm going to tell you the story. ... On September 20, I adopted a dog from a rescue organization here in the area. I got it neutered, I got it trained and I paid my vet extra money to take it home to sleep in the bed with him at night instead of a cage. I spent $3000 on this puppy to acclimate it, to train it to be with our cats. It was just too much energy and too rambunctious.

"My hairdresser, who I see every single day, she and her husband have two little girls, 11 and 12 years old. They were just looking for a puppy. They have a dog. They said, 'We love Iggy, can we have Iggy?'

"Iggy has been with them for two weeks. I get updates every single day and pictures every day of how happy Iggy is and how much their daughters love Iggy. The organization contacted me yesterday and said, 'How's Iggy?' And I told them the truth. I didn't lie. I said, 'Iggy has a great home.'

"Well, I guess I signed a piece of paper that says if I can't keep Iggy, it goes back to the rescue organization. Which is not someone's home, which is not a family. These two little girls had bonded to the dog. I thought I did a good thing. I tried to find a loving home for the dog because I couldn't keep it. I was trying to do a good thing.

"Because I did it wrong, those people went and took that dog out of their home, and took it away from those kids," she said, her eyes filling with tears. "I feel totally responsible for it and I'm so sorry. I'm begging them to give that dog back to that family. I just want the family to have their dog. It's not their fault. It's my fault. I shouldn't have given the dog away. Just please give the dog back to those little girls."
    Last edited by RocketFoot; October 18th, 2007 at 06:49 AM.

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Ellen and the Doggie Dilemma!

Good grief.

I saw some headline about it, but didn't click on it because, quite frankly, she's not worth my time.

After reading the above story, I can say that halfway though it, I knew what had happened...
    "Well, I guess I signed a piece of paper that says if I can't keep Iggy, it goes back to the rescue organization..."
    You're damned right, you signed a piece of paper, and if you failed to read it, that's YOUR problem. It's done that way for a REASON. The shelter isn't "giving" dogs out to anyone who WANTS one. They approved YOU, Ellen... NOT your hairdresser. What if you gave the dog away to someone who EATS dogs?

"Oh, but I was doing a good thing!" Too f-ing bad. Grow up and learn how to deal with the real world... the rest of us have to do it on a daily basis.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

I hate freeking whiners, and cry babies, she should stand up and be a man.

She is a man right......

Good pole................ errrrrrrrrrr poll....

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I saw some headline about it, but didn't click on it because, quite frankly, she's not worth my time.

After reading the above story, I can say that halfway though it, I knew what had happened...
    "Well, I guess I signed a piece of paper that says if I can't keep Iggy, it goes back to the rescue organization..."
    You're damned right, you signed a piece of paper, and if you failed to read it, that's YOUR problem. It's done that way for a REASON. The shelter isn't "giving" dogs out to anyone who WANTS one. They approved YOU, Ellen... NOT your hairdresser. What if you gave the dog away to someone who EATS dogs?

"Oh, but I was doing a good thing!" Too f-ing bad. Grow up and learn how to deal with the real world... the rest of us have to do it on a daily basis.
    I agree. She signed an agreement that she would take care of that dog and what would happen if she failed to do so. I am sure that the adoption agency just needs to check out the hairdresser's family before they can let the dog with them. Yeah, Ellen, you messed up by not playing by the rules. But I am sure that is easily taken care of. I doubt the dog is gone forever. Just that the hairdresser has to go through the proper channels to have the dog as their own. And if you would have asked about this instead of just giving them the dog, I bet you would have found out the process is very easy.

(Venango County)

Soo...they got money....shouldn't be a problem....money can make it happen...as well as the pressure......they'll give in

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Westmoreland County)

I dunno...I think if the dog was given to a good home, then so be it. Ellen did break the rules, and I'm sure a simple phone call would have prevented all this...but still, as many homeless animals that there are out there, why did the animal shelter cause such a stink? Nothing that a big donation from Ellen to the shelter won't cure! LOL

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    I dunno...I think if the dog was given to a good home, then so be it. Ellen did break the rules, and I'm sure a simple phone call would have prevented all this...but still, as many homeless animals that there are out there, why did the animal shelter cause such a stink? Nothing that a big donation from Ellen to the shelter won't cure! LOL
    Media Coverage, any news is exposure

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!