Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Schuylkill County)

Default INTERSTATE CONCEAL CARRY

The way I interpret the lack of reciprocity between PA and MA regarding interstate travel of concealed carry is that I as a legal conceal carrier from PA am not allowed to defend my life in NY, CT and MA with my licensed handgun. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I welcome any thoughts on this.

(York County)

Default Re: INTERSTATE CONCEAL CARRY

You can defend your life by giving the criminals whatever they want while leaving it up to bystanders to call 911 so a police sketch artist can be dispatched to draw a forensic chalk outline around your lifeless body. /sarcasm

When you get outraged enough, grab your rifle and run outside. If you're the only one there, it's not time yet.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4pistol View Post
    The way I interpret the lack of reciprocity between PA and MA regarding interstate travel of concealed carry is that I as a legal conceal carrier from PA am not allowed to defend my life in NY, CT and MA with my licensed handgun. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I welcome any thoughts on this.
    In PA, handguns are not "licensed". Individuals are. Someone possessing a LTCF (or reciprocally recognized license) can carry any handgun they wish, including ones that they do not own.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Actually you are allowed to defend yourself. You are not, however, not allowed to possess a handgun. They're separate issues. With a PA LTCF, all of our neighbors except West Virginia are off limits. It is possible with a lot of effort and $$ to get a license in MA and CT and it may be worthwhile if you spend a lot of time there. Forget NY.

(Philadelphia County)

MA non resident permit is 100.00 dollars a year.

I finally let mine go when we sold our vacation home in Cape Cod.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post
    MA non resident permit is 100.00 dollars a year.
    Holy crap!

(Delaware County)

i was thinking about this the other day, if i remember correctly there was a close vote on a bill that would allow for interstate conceal carry like Driving licenses are. I think as a first step we should at least get automatic reciprocity between states with similar issue laws, if you have a license from a shall issue state it is valid in any state that that is also a shall issue state.

(Northampton County)

Currently, Palmer versus DC could cause universal carry, if they realize that the whole 2A was incorporated by the McDonald case and point to that, planting that flag.

If they don't use McDonald's entire incorporation, then they might cover that same ground again, which would end up only applying to federally governed district of columbia... And universal human right to bear arms at state level would remain the unmentioned unnoticed half of McDonald's incorporation action.

Here's to hoping the court reads the opinion, not only the syllabus/headnote that is put together by the clerk.

You can get a CT permit by mail pretty easily. A MA permit can be gotten by a non-res(more hassle). NY is a different story though.