Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Looking for an AK sling

Where can I find a cheap surplus sling for an AK? I looked at jgsales and aimsurplus but they didn't have surplus slings.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Looking for an AK sling

Quote Originally Posted by mchaley View Post
    Where can I find a cheap surplus sling for an AK? I looked at jgsales and aimsurplus but they didn't have surplus slings.

Israel Defense Forces (IDF) has the best AK sling IMHO, it's not surplus though....it was a piece of para cord on each end, it goes around the sling loop then onto the hooks at the end, makes for a great quiet sling. You can also just use the hooks without the para cord.

Also, I think I have 2 surplus slings I got with my AK purchases...if you want I'll sell one to you, I won't really use them. Let me know, if needed I'll take some pics of them.
    When ALL else fails...the AK won't !! Emotions...??? emotions are for people who CARE !!!

(Allegheny County)

Thanks. I'm just getting into AKs. I made an impulse buy and now I have a tricked out WASR. lol

I think I'm going to un-trick it and get it looking traditional again. It was setup as a night weapon, but the NV optics and cool stuff weren't part of the deal.
    F*S=k

(Blair County)

Centerfire Systems is cheaper @ $3.99

But Copes has Leather for $5.00
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhilaShooter View Post
    Israel Defense Forces (IDF) has the best AK sling IMHO, it's not surplus though....it was a piece of para cord on each end, it goes around the sling loop then onto the hooks at the end, makes for a great quiet sling. You can also just use the hooks without the para cord.

Also, I think I have 2 surplus slings I got with my AK purchases...if you want I'll sell one to you, I won't really use them. Let me know, if needed I'll take some pics of them.
    Where could I find those IDF slings? I'd like to see one.

How much for one of your surplus slings + shipping? Snap a pic or two unless they look exactly the same. Please.

Thanks for those prices!

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
    Thanks. I'm just getting into AKs. I made an impulse buy and now I have a tricked out WASR. lol

I think I'm going to un-trick it and get it looking traditional again. It was setup as a night weapon, but the NV optics and cool stuff weren't part of the deal.
    I'm keeping mine as is. It's little more than 2x4's and spray paint but it's still mine. I can't import it to Canada so I'm going to save for a 1911, AR, and safe. When I can, I'd like to duracoat this AK.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutjoe View Post
    Centerfire Systems is cheaper @ $3.99

But Copes has Leather for $5.00
    Wow, can't beat $4.

(Allegheny County)

Not sling specific but here are some good sites to look for AK related stuff:

apexgunparts.com
    centerfiresystems.com
    copesdistributing.net
    cogunsales.com
    aimsurplus.com
    k-var.com (not the cheapest, but has hard to get parts at times)

These are off the top of my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Susquehanna County)

$4 for a sling is great but $10 to ship that sling... is not. I wish there were some gun shows coming up.

(Indiana County)

$4 for a sling is great but $10 to ship that sling... is not. I wish there were some gun shows coming up.
    You'll spend 5 bucks or more to get in the door at a show, plus gas to get there, not to mention what you'll pay for a cardboard hamburger from a food vendor.
    A shop local to me has Romanian slings for $6, so even at that, I would have to travel 30 miles round trip. Heck, even if I wanted to be a nice guy and get one of those for you and ship it out to ya, it would still cost you close to $10 alone.

I know it sounds like you are getting ripped $10 just to ship a $4 sling, but the charge is not just for postage, it's also for foam peanuts, envelopes, tape, boxes and employee wages.
    If you really want to see a rip off, just pay attention to those TV ads that claim they are going to give you another trinket for free then add:"just pay seperate postage and handling". $10 for two pairs of sunglasses seems like a deal, until you add $9.95x2 for shipping.

If you are interested in a $4 sling from Centerfire, there has to be a few other odds n' ends that they have that you can buy to ease the pain of the $10 shipping.
    There are a few on ebay with free shipping, but they are asking close to $10, so I don't see a huge savings.

Just a little perspective, I hate shipping fees also.

(Allegheny County)

Where could I find those IDF slings? I'd like to see one.
    I would also like to see these IDF slings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast