Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Firearm purchase database.

I know there is no actual registry and the purchase database LEO like to use is a sore spot for many.

My question is it limited to PA purchases only?

I only own two firearms one was a gift from my grandfather. The second was purchased in OH when I was an OH resident before moving and becoming a PA resident.

If the purchase database is for PA only then I'm assuming neither of my firearms are on it?

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Firearm purchase database.

The only database of firearms kept by Pa. (PSP) is a database of Pa. PSP form SP4-113s.
    SP4-113 is the "white form" you complete when transferring/purchasing a "firearm" per the 18Pa.C.S.6102 definition (Handguns, SBR, SBS through a Pa. FFL or Sheriff's Dept.

Simply put, any other transfers or purchases not involving a SP4-113 execution are not in it.

More details here:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/414...nsfers-pa.html

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Firearm purchase database.

PS: When the ACSL sued the governor and PSP over the database, the PASC ruled the database of SP4-113s is not a "registration" due to it being incomplete, IE: not all firearms are recorded.
    I agree with the PASC in that regard. Unfortunately the suit failed since it was base don the database being a registration.

There needs to be new legal action taken.

The retention of the SP4-113 is in direct violation of Pa code.
    18Pa.C.S.6111(b)(1.1)(v)
    Unless it has been discovered pursuant to a criminal history, juvenile delinquency and mental health records background check that the potential purchaser or transferee is prohibited from possessing a firearm pursuant to section 6105 (relating to persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms), no information on the application/record of sale provided pursuant to this subsection shall be retained as precluded by section 6111.4 (relating to registration of firearms) by the Pennsylvania State Police either through retention of the application/record of sale or by entering the information onto a computer, and, further, an application/record of sale received by the Pennsylvania State Police pursuant to this subsection shall be destroyed within 72 hours of the completion of the criminal history, juvenile delinquency and mental health records background check.
    It's time to bring the lawbreaking PSP to justice.

18Pa.C.S.6111(b)(1.3)
    In addition to the criminal penalty under section 6119 (relating to violation penalty), any person who knowingly and intentionally maintains or fails to destroy any information submitted to the Pennsylvania State Police for purposes of a background check pursuant to paragraphs (1.1) and (1.4) or violates section 6111.4 shall be subject to a civil penalty of $250 per violation, entry or failure to destroy.
    § 6119. Violation penalty.

Except as otherwise specifically provided, an offense under this subchapter constitutes a misdemeanor of the first degree.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie