Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Need some help from a LEO

Preferrably one that can answer some items about my rights when reporting a friend that has been driving w/o a drivers' license. It is for his own good, but I need to remain anonymous. Please PM or email me. Thank you.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Need some help from a LEO

i am not leo, but if you call the police and report him you should be able to remain anonamous. mind me asking is he dangerous, does he have insurance?

(Luzerne County)

The officer won't be able to do anything until and unless he observes the violation himself.

In other words, the officer can't do anything because you called and said "Bob" is driving without a valid license.

Unless I personally know a person does not have a valid license, I cannot pull him over unless I first observe a traffic or equipment violation.

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    The officer won't be able to do anything until and unless he observes the violation himself.

In other words, the officer can't do anything because you called and said "Bob" is driving without a valid license.

Unless I personally know a person does not have a valid license, I cannot pull him over unless I first observe a traffic or equipment violation.
    Can't you pull the guy over and use that Cartman night stick to knock out his tail light before busting him for a faulty tail light and no license???

I saw it in a movie.

(Chester County)

Steve, thanks for the assistance, kinda seems unfair that he has a license suspended for going to jail after haveing 3 DUIs, but can still get away with driving without a license.

(Westmoreland County)

The LEO could always set up a impromptu DUI Check Point right by his house and wait for him to come home from work!

(Perry County)

If you feel strongly about doing something about it, I would go down to the court house and try to find somebody who is willing to help you. You could possibly speak with Probation to start with. There's got to be a way to solve this.

It is unfair. And he is not learnign his lesson if he is still driving on a suspended license.

If all else fails, you could bust out his tail light and wait for him to get pulled over.

(Allegheny County)

Could someone explain to me again, WHY I just sent in $81.00 for my vehicle registration and several hundred dollars for insurance... seems it really isn't necessary if I'll only be "punished" if I'm pulled over.

These people KNOW that nothing is likely to happen to them if they don't follow the rules.

(Slightly off topic
    This also reminds me of the time we called to report the neighbor kid who was selling drugs out of his bedroom window... we were told, and I sh!t you not... "You get us some proof, and we'll send someone to look into it". WTF?
    That was the same week my wife began to learn how to operate a firearm.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Venango County)

But you can "Pull Someone Over" for walking down the street with a gun on their hip? There's no violation there either? Sorry..small rant tangent!

Anyway....I see on the Cops shows all the time that they say police received a tip that drugs were being sold in this house, and they send the SWAT team in....how can they do that?

And....if someone tips the police that so-and-so is driving on a suspended license, can they not check the status of said license, and be on the lookout for said person? That is a tip of a crime being committed....no different than say being a witness to a robbery, he is a witness to this crime being committed. What's the difference?

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Allegheny County)

How about video taping him driving? Include his license plate on the tape. To semi-document the date, seamlessly video tape the front page of a major news paper just before you video him. Anonymously Send the video tape with the details of the situation to the local TV station and the police, see who acts on it first.

Hawk,
    Toujours prêt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast