Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Gander Mt. in JOhnstown.

GOnna be in the area Saturday.

Is this place worth a stop ??

(Bedford County)

Default Re: Gander Mt. in JOhnstown.

They have lots of guns and stuff to look at, but I wont buy from them. Prices are kinda high and they give nothing for trades. Between the two, you wont get a deal there.

They do have a good amount of stuff to look at and put finger prints on. Then go somewhere else to buy cheaper.

(Jefferson County)

pretty much a mini-Cabelas.. nearly same prices and products, just less of them.

They do have a nice selection of handguns, a better than fare selection of rifles and handguns too. 600ft away there is a Dunhams also, sometimes they have a good deal on old mil-surp rifles like Mausers, Mosin Nagants, 1903's - check them out too while you're in town.

Once you're done at those two places, go a bit further(3-5mile) south on US219 to the Scalp Ave(SR56 East) eastbound exit. You'll be forced to turn right, go to the second light and look to the left in the plaza.. you'll see "Discount Sporting Goods" or something like that on a big yellow fascia sign. They have some nice stuff as well, nice people too.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Erie County)

Ours is so heavily overpriced it isn't worth stopping. Not much in the way of "carry" gear either. Mostly geared towards hunting.

(Somerset County)

Gander is nice in that they have a lot of different items in stock. It is a nice place to go and have a look around but as others have mentioned their prices aren't always the best. I have found deals on accessories and clothing on sale but never guns.

Like Knight mentioned, if you're that close check out Sporting Goods Discounters in the plaza at the corner of Scalp Ave and Eisenhower Blvd. It's in the corner of the L shaped plaza with a big yellow sign - Giant Eagle and Big Lots are the anchor stores. The guys there have a nice selection and their service is top notch.

(Washington County)

I've picked up 3 of my firearms from Gander Mountain, and 2 of them were used. Teh staff was knowledgeable, and helpful.

Got great deals on the 2 used guns, my 357 and my wife's 38. Her's was barely ever used, and was about $200 (for a almost new S&W J frame.. not bad)

(Cambria County)

The GM there is nice, and like Pa Higlander said, deals on clothing and other items can be found (think clearance), but the guns are ususally a little to very much on the high side. I have purchased a few guns there (.22's and a shotgun), but most of my firearms come from Sporting Goods Discounters - great shop, great people.