Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default How can I carry in Maryland, Rhode Island, and California?

Is it possible to get licenses to carry in Maryland, Rhode Island, and California?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: How can I carry in Maryland, Rhode Island, and California?

MD ... not likely...but it has happened.

RI ... is goofy in that it is "Shall Issue" by word of law but you need to give "Proper showing of need" see page 4. But by my reading RI can be done thru the mail.

Edit: It appears that maybe applicant may have to pick up in person.
    Last edited by mrjam2jab; July 9th, 2010 at 05:12 PM.

Not sure about Rhode Island, but about the only way for CA and MD is to become a police officer and then you can carry in all 50 states + Wash. DC on your police credentials.

(Monroe County)

short answer: do not count on it.
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaState View Post
    Is it possible to get licenses to carry in Maryland, Rhode Island, and California?
    Yes. It is absolutely possible. You should contact each state to find out what they require in order for you to apply - or perhaps try something really novel, like a Google search.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Not sure about Rhode Island, but about the only way for CA and MD is to become a police officer and then you can carry in all 50 states + Wash. DC on your police credentials.

I was going to say just about the same thing but got beat to it. Pa. requires you to get act. 120(police academy) Then after you are hired as a police officer you can go state to state as you please. Probally not the idea you had in mind. I also do not know if that only applies to fulltime officers.
    My father was given a hard time for going to NJ as a Constable for carring his side arm. He was picking up a guy on a felony warrant and still was harrassed! I dont know what would happen to Joe citizen except go to jail. I dont want to find out! IANAL

I don't like when people give an exaggerated personal comment on a factual answer. It leads people to draw the wrong conclusions.

Just answer the mans question, like gnbrotz did. He asked if it was possible, yes it is. With a heads up warning that your chances (for the average citizen) are low.

Calif does not have reciprocity with ANY OTHER state in the country.
    In CA you must take a 16 hour (2 day) class. BEFORE you may even apply for the permit.......
    It gets worse from there.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Yes. It is absolutely possible. You should contact each state to find out what they require in order for you to apply - or perhaps try something really novel, like a Google search.
    And here once again is the nasty face of unneccesary sarcasm. Why should he not come here for answers from people that most likely have first-hand experience on the subject? Or is Google more reliable and accurate than the very well educated and experienced people on this forum (there is my sarcasm)? Is that not the purpose of the forum to educate and share knowledge? Your post draws very close to being the attitude of an elementary school bully; I think your question is stupid so I'm going to try to make you look stupid.

I am sure there are a lot of bad questions that a simple search of this site would have answered and that is why so many of the moderators are so short and sarcastic. Your sarcastic attitude is offensive and without a doubt steers people away from this site when they really should stay and learn. Your time is valuable, perhaps you should use it to be constructive.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by powderkegg View Post
    And here once again is the nasty face of unneccesary sarcasm. Why should he not come here for answers from people that most likely have first-hand experience on the subject? Or is Google more reliable and accurate than the very well educated and experienced people on this forum (there is my sarcasm)? Is that not the purpose of the forum to educate and share knowledge? Your post draws very close to being the attitude of an elementary school bully; I think your question is stupid so I'm going to try to make you look stupid.

I am sure there are a lot of bad questions that a simple search of this site would have answered and that is why so many of the moderators are so short and sarcastic. Your sarcastic attitude is offensive and without a doubt steers people away from this site when they really should stay and learn. Your time is valuable, perhaps you should use it to be constructive.
    This is a Pennsylvania-based gun forum. While information regarding other states may be available here, to think this is the best place to find answers for other states is misguided. Find a state-specific forum like this one, or contact the issuing authority directly for the most accurate info - which can often be found right on the internet.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast