Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Ever have to draw on someone

I was wondering if anyone here has ever really had to go as far as to draw their weapon to ward off a Bad Guy.

I really believe that more pistols are drawn and never fired, then are used in actual discharging of the weapon. Just drawing the pistol, gets the results you needed.

So, how many of you has this ever happened to. I would love to see a nationwide poll on this one.

I have never had to pull a pistol on anyone. But then again, I ain't dead yet either.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Default Re: Ever have to draw on someone

I had a guy try to break into my house about 6 months ago. He was trying to hit my bedroom window and break it without making too much noise. I actually had my pistol with me in the living room because I had been doing some dry firing when I heard him hit the window. I grabbed a flashlight since I had all the lights off and ran down the hallway. Flipped on the light with my pistol up, he saw me between the curtains which weren't drawn and started running. I'm not sure if you'd call that truly "drawing on someone", but I did have my pistol up and ready if he was deciding to come in at that moment. They never caught the guy, but I doubt he wanted to come back.

(Philadelphia County)

I once got to draw on a drunk person....

with a sharpie marker.

He didn't appreciate the questionable anatomical references all over their face.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Westmoreland County)

One time, years ago...I aimed a shotgun at a guy in a car! He kept stopping in front of my grandma's house to apparently 'scope' it out. We called the cops and they wouldn't respond unless "something happened!" So I got my pap's 16 gauge Ithica Featherweight pump and hid behind the big oak tree by the road. Sure enough, 10 minutes went by and the creep pulled up and stopped again. I jumped out, racked one into the chamber and told him to get the hell out of here! He stomped the gas and took off...never to be seen again! Right, wrong or indifferent...it worked!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Allegheny County)

Yes, it was back around 1998 or so. I was driving across I-80 heading to St. Marys and it was around 1:00 AM. I was behind a tractor trailer, but I was back far enough that my headlights weren't on his A$$. Well, one of his re-treads flys loose and hits the corner of my truck (I coulnd't get out of it's way) and knocked out my headlight, broke my grill, and cracked the windshield. He pulled over and I pulled over behind him. I thought he pulled over b/c his re-tread hit my truck. Well, he pulled over to check his tire, and I told him that I wanted his insurance card and his name because I expected my truck to be fixed. He mumbled something to me, while he was looking at his tire. I'm going to get your plate and call the State Police. I was just getting back in my truck when he came walking fast toward me with some kind of club in his hand (he was much bigger than me) and he said something "c'mere you little f***er". I drew my Colt .380 and told him to back off and that I was leaving. I left and went to a State Police barracks immediately, and explained what went down. I didn't get in trouble for drawing my gun, but the truck wasn't responsible for fixing my truck, since the re-tread was not "cargo".

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post

with a sharpie marker.

He didn't appreciate the questionable anatomical references all over their face.
    Yeah - and it is a bitch to clean off!

(Schuylkill County)

Yes i did, in the Lehighvalley mall parking lot in 1997. guy came up be hind me and put a knife in my back told me to turn around when i did, he started to put the knife hugher towards my throat. he said he was gonna take my wallet my truck, and all my boys presents, at the time he started to raise his knife i drew my 1911, and as i drew his eyes got to be the size of head lights. he proceeded to say it was only a joke, and back pedal, he dropped the knife and ran. thank god i didnt have to shoot but i would of if he made any motion toward me. i imediatly called the police and told them what happened, there were a couple of witness's that say it, and 2yrs later i was called to identify the guy when they arrested him for rap and attemted robery.from that moment on i have never taken my pistol off and when i'm in bed i have my AR-15 next to the bed.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post

with a sharpie marker.

Have you ever been trained in the proper method of drawing on someone like that? Was your sharpie loaded? Were you ascared?

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    Yes i did, in the Lehighvalley mall parking lot in 1997. guy came up be hind me and put a knife in my back told me to turn around when i did, he started to put the knife hugher towards my throat. he said he was gonna take my wallet my truck, and all my boys presents, at the time he started to raise his knife i drew my 1911, and as i drew his eyes got to be the size of head lights. he proceeded to say it was only a joke, and back pedal, he dropped the knife and ran. thank god i didnt have to shoot but i would of if he made any motion toward me. i imediatly called the police and told them what happened, there were a couple of witness's that say it, and 2yrs later i was called to identify the guy when they arrested him for rap and attemted robery.from that moment on i have never taken my pistol off and when i'm in bed i have my AR-15 next to the bed.
    Every time I think that maybe I don't need my pistol today. I think of stupid stuff like this. You just never know when your going to need it.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    Every time I think that maybe I don't need my pistol today. I think of stupid stuff like this. You just never know when your going to need it.
    yeah well you know what they say. you cant fix stupid, and this guy proved it.
    the good thing is he got 21 yrs for his efforts and everytime parol comes around me and the unfortunate young lady are there, to make sure he dont get it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast