Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are You a LEO?

(Montgomery County)

Smile Are You a LEO?

So I'm outside enjoying the beautiful weather today with my S&W M&P 9c OC, and a car drives up next to me (man and woman inside), roll down their window. The conversation when as follows:

Them: Are you a LEO?
    Me: No, lol, god no.
    Them: Do you have a permit for that pistol?
    Me: Don't need one to open carry. Federal constitution & PA State constitution both protect my right to keep and bear arms! You only need a license if you conceal or take it in the car with you.
    Them: Why do you have a gun?
    Me: I always have it with me, when I mow the lawn, when I eat breakfast, when I go to bed...
    Them: oh.

They drove off. What nice, curious people. And thats my boring story for the day.

(York County)

Default Re: Are You a LEO?

For me the conversation would of been different lol

Them: Are you a LEO?
    Me: No, I am a Sagittarius, but thanks for asking

good story

(Montgomery County)

I really dont understand why people are so eager to confront people they see openly carrying firearms. I never had any desire to cause a confrontation with someone, just because they were armed. I just dont get it.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ByblosHex View Post
    I really dont understand why people are so eager to confront people they see openly carrying firearms. I never had any desire to cause a confrontation with someone, just because they were armed. I just dont get it.
    First of all, its not really a confrontation unless the party who approached the OCer is harassing them or something. This seems like curious people, nothing more nothing less.
    Curiosity or just to see how many buttons they can push (yes there are pricks like that out there) ... Usually its curiosity though. Nothing wrong with it really, its good to be curious about some things, OC being one of them. Who knows, the next person that asks "are you a cop?" might have been concealing for the last 10 years and NEVER knew OC was legal.
    Last edited by SteveinNEPA; July 8th, 2010 at 12:11 PM.

(York County)

Yeah I couldnt of said that better myself

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinNEPA View Post
    First of all, its not really a confrontation unless the party who approached the OCer is harassing them or something. This seems like curious people, nothing more nothing less.
    Curiosity or just to see how many buttons they can push (yes there are pricks like that out there) ... Usually its curiosity though. Nothing wrong with it really, its good to be curious about some things, OC being one of them. Who knows, the next person that asks "are you a cop?" might have been concealing for the last 10 years and NEVER knew OC was legal.
    Well, I wasnt talking about genuinely curious people. I'm talking about the people with attitude who say in their mind "Oh a guy with a gun. Let me go start with him." I've read so many stories of random strangers confronting OCer's just to try and start something with them... I mean, I see people wearing plenty of things I dont like, like nose rings but its not bothering me and its not my problem. I dont walk up to them and critisize them. Then you have people who OC and people run right up to them to give them a hard time. I just dont get the mindset.

(Schuylkill County)

Well, I wasnt talking about genuinely curious people. I'm talking about the people with attitude who say in their mind "Oh a guy with a gun. Let me go start with him." I've read so many stories of random strangers confronting OCer's just to try and start something with them... I mean, I see people wearing plenty of things I dont like, like nose rings but its not bothering me and its not my problem. I dont walk up to them and critisize them. Then you have people who OC and people run right up to them to give them a hard time. I just dont get the mindset.
    Because most sheep have the perception that every carrier acts like a big tough guy when they carry in public. They perceive that carriers have a big ego and only carry to show off, and nothing else. For some reason, they just want to be proven right, so they ask. And most often, it seems, they are proven wrong.

I don't know.. just my guess.
    III%

(Monroe County)

Allow me to apologize if I came off sounding rude or anything. I must have misunderstood the intention of your post. People like that are idiots hoping to get a rise out of someone.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    Because most sheep have the perception that every carrier acts like a big tough guy when they carry in public. They perceive that carriers have a big ego and only carry to show off, and nothing else. For some reason, they just want to be proven right, so they ask. And most often, it seems, they are proven wrong.

I don't know.. just my guess.
    Ya I totally agree, they proceeded to push the OC'ers buttons to prove the point to themselves and make us look bad. Then again there are stupid people and assholes so you never know.

Even though I don't believe in it, I'm a Libra with a bad moon rising.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast