Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Boring non-incident don't read

So I came out of a store in Lebanon and see this old Dodge Power wagon next to my car and two people get in and drive off. As I get to my car I see the side all scraped up and paint that matches the truck. Turn to see which way they are headed and get in my car to follow them.

I see them stop at another store and go in so I park a few spots away and go to check to see if I can see anything on their bumper that matches my car, sure enough there's matching paint from my car on their bumper. Took some pictures of it with my cell phone and call for the police to come and do their thing.

As I'm on the phone with the police dispatcher the people come out and begin to put things in the truck bed. I ask them to please wait until the police arrive.

Local cops shows up, I explain what happened, what I saw, he asks them the same I didn't hear what they said to him as I waited on the opposite side of my car from them. He checked my car and their truck and asks me for my 'papers' as well as theirs. As I'm leaning across the drivers seat, to reach the glove compartment on the other side, I feel my shirt ride up over the grip on my Sig C3 1911. I get the stuff and pull my shirt back over it. Cop who was standing right there never said a word to me about it.

So he fills out the form and hands it to each of us and everyone leaves. No babies crying, no women screaming, no swat teams, helicopters, nobody tried to disarm me for their safety, ran my numbers in a illegal search base or anything else . . . . I must be doing something wrong.

see told you it was boring
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

Default Re: Boring non-incident don't read

So you were CC, and transitioned into OC, then back to CC? That is how I read it. And if that's the case, and you were not asked for your ltc, that is pretty nice.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 View Post
    So you were CC, and transitioned into OC, then back to CC? That is how I read it. And if that's the case, and you were not asked for your ltc, that is pretty nice.
    No. That is just the way it should be.

(Bucks County)

When things are the way they should be . . . that is pretty nice. Too rare these days to be taken for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    When things are the way they should be . . . that is pretty nice. Too rare these days to be taken for granted.
    I don't think they are as rare as we think.... we just usually hear the bad stuff on here. In the years I've been either CC or OC I've never had what I would consider a bad incident with any LEO . . .

Sometimes we tend to focus more on the negative than the positive . . . as such is human nature
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Delaware County)

I like reading these stories, even though nothing happened at all. First of all, I am the most glad for the fact that the dudes in the truck, though they committed a crime by striking your vehicle then left the scene of the incident, did not fight or argue with you about it when you brought it to their attention again.

Secondly, the stories where someone is exercising their right to KABA and does NOT get bothered by it, when they are clearly being watched by someone who very well could give them a hard time about it, are what we need around here. Prick cops and asshole civilians are a dime a dozen, but when we tell each other about the encounters that go correctly, it empowers the rest of us who might have been on the fence to reconsider asserting our liberties.
    Junior

(Perry County)

Why not write a polite letter to the Chief of Police thanking him for the assistance his officer rendered, and also for the Professional manner in which the firearm was handled. I bet he would post it or have it read to all the policemen, couldn't hurt to have them get an atta boy. Might want to put in the ocal paper as well? Positive PR for LTCF is always good.