Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: AK, VT, AZ. UT next?

Quote Originally Posted by electronics View Post
    My vision went a little red as well when I read that. Damn people who can't learn how to talk.
    It's hard to believe they can do that without a license!
    It's also much better to be an evicted survivor than an obedient corpse. -GunLawyer001

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    I think everyone will agree that the more training you have the better. However, I just don't understand how someone can treat the 2nd amendment any different then the rest of the bill of rights. What would happen if a state required someone to obtain a permit and training to be allowed to practice their right to free speech? The argument that guns can injure and kill does not fly. How many people have been murdered because a criminal was released because of his right against illegal search and seizure?

I would like to see a supreme court decision state that the only reasonable restrictions that can be applied to the 2nd amendment are similar to those that can be placed on the rest of the bill of rights. For example, you don't have the right to free speech in a courtroom and you don't have the right to bear arms. Not allowing someone to carry in a bar would be just as bad as not allowing free speech in a bar. The argument Utah uses to ban firearms in bars makes even more sense if applied to free speech. How many less bar fights and murders would occur if that right was denied?
    Try hollering "FIRE" in a crowded theatre and see how far your freedom of speech takes you.

Quote Originally Posted by Torontogunguy View Post
    Try hollering "FIRE" in a crowded theatre and see how far your freedom of speech takes you.
    Freedom of speech ends exactly where all our other rights do or should--when you start to infringe on the rights of others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12