Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default NPR story about Utah CFPs

Just ran to the PO and NPR was running a story on Utah Concealed Firearm Permits with an interview of one of the BCI Board members. (My own take was that) the host was decidedly dubious about the whole thing and the board member was not the greatest spokesman.

The audio should be up around 7pm 7/6 if you are interested: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=128342069
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: NPR story about Utah CFPs

I sometimes listen to NPR to get the liberal spin on what is in the news. I wish my tax money didn't get wasted on NPR. I don't recall EVER hearing anything even remotely pro gun on NPR.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 625 View Post
    I sometimes listen to NPR to get the liberal spin on what is in the news. I wish my tax money didn't get wasted on NPR. I don't recall EVER hearing anything even remotely pro gun on NPR.
    Frankly, I don't want the supposedly objective journalistic outlets to be anything but thorough and objective. That said, they are better than many outlets, but yes, lean a bit "left."
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Montgomery County)

A little bit left, you say? I remember a piece about the guy sitting next to the attempted Christmas Day Detroit underwear bomber emoting on how human and real the attempted bomber was. Going further, the passive shithead passenger sitting next to the attempted bomber did his best to humanize and almost excuse his actions. All the while, NPR gave this story tons of air time and of course, a slant to attempt to excuse the bomber.

Bollocks, I say...

If someone in earnest tries to commit mass murder they will receive no attempt at pardon by me or any other reasonable man. Blame the underwear, not the man...
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Lancaster County)

There's at least one reason why the press is so leftist: who talks to them the most when they're in school? It isn't our side.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Perry County)

I just listened to the report, and it was adequate in my opinion. Clearly the interviewer was unsympathetic, but not overtly biased. One could tell that she was looking for problems but hadn't done much homework and generally just threw out softballs which the interviewee never really hit hard.

Still, not the most slanted view, no mention of loopholes for example. One can imagine a real hit piece, there must be some recipient of a Utah permit that has since committed a felony, so with a bit of work it could have been a trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rundownfid View Post
    I just listened to the report, and it was adequate in my opinion. Clearly the interviewer was unsympathetic, but not overtly biased. One could tell that she was looking for problems but hadn't done much homework and generally just threw out softballs which the interviewee never really hit hard.

Still, not the most slanted view, no mention of loopholes for example. One can imagine a real hit piece, there must be some recipient of a Utah permit that has since committed a felony, so with a bit of work it could have been a trap.
    Forgive me, but this sounds a bit like a battered wife explaining how her husband didn't punch her as hard as he might have.

If our tax dollars pay for this "service", and their contributors get a tax break for funneling money to them, then we have a right to expect as neutral a report as possible. Instead, we get hour after hour of propaganda with a hard-left bias, and we're grateful when the bias isn't as bad as usual.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Philadelphia County)

"Out-Of-State Gun Buyers Target Utah"

Erm, it's not about buying guns. Though I guess I should expect the title to be wrong since it's usually not written by the person who does the article.