Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default Troubl ing question about preparedness and surviving a home invasion

OK, I just read the post about the lady that survived a home invasion. I had my wife read this as well. So here we are discussing what we should do. We are talking about having guns in different rooms of the house , available to grab at a moments notice.. I need some ideas how to conceal weapons throughout the house , The biggest issue is my 18 month old grandson who is into everything. One thing that we discussed is carrying on our person more often.. Which would help but, we would probably not carry it all the time simply out of habit, of not doing it all the time. So we were looking for some safe ,handy , and a hard to find hiding place , to keep anyone from stumbling on the weapons accidently. WE both agree at our age , and after reading that post, that it is time to do something. But safety is foremost on our minds. I would appreciate all input and suggestions.
    In God We Trust............................

Default Re: Troubl ing question about preparedness and surviving a home invasion

IMHO, carry on yourself, all the time. What I mean by that is, get into the habit of doing it, and once you start, keep at it. Before you know it, you'll carry all the time, and if you're not, you'll know, and get a gun.

Leaving guns around the house if a good idea if there are no kids around. With your grandson, he's going to get into something. Kids always do.

Default Re: Troubl ing question about preparedness and surviving a home invasion

Quote Originally Posted by blankexistance View Post
    IMHO, carry on yourself, all the time. What I mean by that is, get into the habit of doing it, and once you start, keep at it. Before you know it, you'll carry all the time, and if you're not, you'll know, and get a gun.

Leaving guns around the house if a good idea if there are no kids around. With your grandson, he's going to get into something. Kids always do.
    What he said. Unless you have the money to put a safe in every wall of every room, a gun in each & a different security code (key) to remember, to keep a thief from finding one code (key) & having access to them all.
    -Remember the Constitution-