Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Conventional Pistol, anybody interested?

All firing is done standing offhand no support, one hand only. 3 catagories, .22, Centerfire (any caliber .32 or larger) and .45. Any pistol or revolver of appropriate caliber, any sights. Score after 10 rounds are fired.
    Shots touching a scoring ring receive the higher value. Xs score 10 points, but X count shall be used to break ties. Post a picture of targets with score and aggregate score. Report points and number of Xs as 285-28X. Match closes 31 July 2010.

As match director and judge, I shall not compete. Winner will be awarded 250+ rep points (plus whatever others might give in recognition of effort).

National Match Course (a perfect score is 300 - 30X)

50 yards Slow fire 10 rounds fired in 10 minutes B-6 target

25 yards Timed fire 2 strings of 5 rounds each string fired in 20 seconds B-8 target

25 yards Rapid fire 2 strings of 5 rounds each string fired in 10 seconds B-8 target

Alternate one

25 yards Slow fire 10 rounds fired in 10 minutes B-16 target

25 yards Timed fire 2 strings of 5 rounds each string fired in 20 seconds B-8 target

25 yards Rapid fire 2 strings of 5 rounds each string fired in 10 seconds B-8 target

Alternate two

50 feet Slow fire 10 rounds fired in 10 minutes B-2 Target

50 feet Timed fire 2 strings of 5 rounds each string fired in 20 seconds B-3 target

50 feet Rapid fire 2 strings of 5 rounds each string fired in 10 seconds B-3 target

Good Luck to all!

You may fire the course as many times and submit as many entries as you want but the aggregate score shall be for each set of all three events.
    Last edited by Brick; July 2nd, 2010 at 07:42 PM.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Conventional Pistol, anybody interested?

Do the targets used need to be official NRA targets?

My range (Classic Pistol) sells targets that I believe are the equivalent of the B-2 and B-3 but are not labeled as such. Also I have the TargetExpress computer program that will print out various targets including the B-2 and B-3.

Thanks!

(Susquehanna County)

"Official" Targets are preferred. They are usually available in 10 packs for a couple bucks at most sports/gun shops, you might even find them at WalMart.

Note I said preferred. If your range or your computer program has targets the same size, with the same size, number and value of scoring rings, I don't object to you using them.

Just make sure they are the same.

Also, 50 and 25 yd slow fire targets both have an X ring, but I don't believe the 50 ft slow fire target does.

So when you shoot the 50 ft course and post you 299-19X you could be beat by someone shooting the 25 yard course and posting a 299-29X.

Have fun!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Also, 50 and 25 yd slow fire targets both have an X ring, but I don't believe the 50 ft slow fire target does.

So when you shoot the 50 ft course and post you 299-19X you could be beat by someone shooting the 25 yard course and posting a 299-29X.
    That is so not an issue for me. I am going to get beat by more than just a few Xs!

(Susquehanna County)

Don't sell yourself short.

75% of bullseye shooting is brain-work and discipline. You are your biggest competitor. And that 900 lbs. gorilla on your back that screams NOW as you're lining up your sights and squeezing the trigger is the biggest distractor.

And if you (or anyone else) would like to read up a little on the subject go to http://bullseyepistol.com/ The USAMU Pistol Guide is especially useful and range commands for timed and rapid fire are downloadable as mp3 files which make those stages easier. And be sure to look at the Error and Annalysis section.

(Susquehanna County)

1 week remains. I hope someone is trying this.

(Montgomery County)

Sorry I didn't get a chance to try this, I only got in one range trip this month and I was concentrating on getting used to my new FNP-9.

(Susquehanna County)

Gee that's too bad. A 30 round National Match Course would have taught you everthing you need to know about that pistol or any other for that matter.

(Clearfield County)

I don't know if you are doing this every month but I got out a 22 and shot the course. I shot my average slowfire but had real good, for me, timed and rapid targets. I am more like a 95 and 93 or so on them. If you are still doing this monthly I will try to get in a centerfire or a 45 score. 287-12 or 287-14 if you count slow Xs.

I don't know how I missed this.....I would participate if we started it up again. I need to start practicing from Indoor that starts in October....
    Jules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast