Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Busted CCW'ing by 85yr old Dad

There I was making posts about how hardly anyone notices that we CCW excepting other "gun people and LEO"

I did not make a big effort to conceal, just kind of pulled my shirt out a bit and tucked both sides around the gun. I just did this as I knew I'd be taking off my vest to visit my folks.

We BS'd quite a while and when I got up to leave, Dad asks "you carrying a gun?".

I have a 4th gen Sidearmor IWB for my Glock23 and the gray hooks are about 6 inches apart.

85yr old Poppahand busts me. No big deal as he starts talking about how society is going down hill and people should be armed (kind of surprises me).

I think he was more aghast that I actually carry at work when I can, naturally excepting VA hospital and schools I have recently worked at.

He's pretty cool about guns as he was a halftrack machine gunner in WWll and had a couple guns around as i was growing up.

He saw the news article about the kid whose mom bought him "all" those guns and assault weapons so we discussed that a bit and eventually I left to go eat.

How about the rest of you. Have any of you been "busted" by relatives or close friends that wouldn't suspect you of actually being armed most or all of the time??

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Busted CCW'ing by 85yr old Dad

edited by me.....I have my reasons....

thanks
    Last edited by chesire17201; January 28th, 2009 at 10:18 AM.

(Tioga County)

My dad busted me once. I was packing my 1911 in the small of my back. He put his hand right on it and found it. He said, " OH!". I said yes dad.

(Cambria County)

If my dad has spotted it. He has kept quite. I know my mom never has. She would tell me to get it out of her house if she ever knew.

None of my friends know I carry. One asked me if I always did. I told him yes. He asked if I was carrying then. Told him yes. He looked at me, looked around at my body, shrugged his shoulders and that was it.

I have friends who aren't exactly pro gun, they aren't anti gun. Just not pro gun. So, if they noticed. They would definately say something to me.

So far so good. I like it that way.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Beaver County)

With the Smart Carry it is close to impossible to notice, so no, no one has ever noticed that I was carrying. Only 1 friend and 2 relatives know that I do. I keep a very exclusionary list of people that know I carry.

(Northampton County)

Not yet.

Kevin in Pa

(Jefferson County)

most of my family carries, those who dont carry own them lovingly - only a handful out of scores of cousins, over a dozen aunts & uncles, mom, dad, brother, and grandparent don't own and/or carry. ...maybe 4 that I can think of. So its no surprise to anyone in my family if you're "busted". If anything, you're looked at kinda weird like if you dont have a gun in your house, vehicle or on your person.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Venango County)

Everybody knows I carry....pretty much, and none of them care.....
    My sister-in-law did ask me what I was afraid of the first time she saw my Glock...LOL

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Franklin County)

My family lives in Ohio.. I get to see them once or twice a year. I usually leave it in the truck when I'm home. We spend most of the time visiting.
    In God We Trust............................