Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Chicago's new handgun law . . .

Suit against the new Chicago anti-gun laws

David Kopel • July 6, 2010 7:52 pm

Available here. See paragraphs 19–28 for description of which parts of Chicago’s legal regime are being challenged. The National Rifle Association is helping with the funding of the case, but is not a party. Lead attorney is Charles Cooper, so it is certain that the presentation of the plaintiffs’ arguments will be outstanding.
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post
    I hope the state courts strike down Daley's contempt of the Supreme Court. Clearly he is pushing his political agenda over and above the Supreme Court. This is arrogant, egotistical and highly contemptuous.

Daley's only interest is in trying to be defiant and prove that his will surpasses all. He is displaying all the signs of a Tyrant on the rise.
    Which seems to be the standard for Illinois politicos.

Ya my understanding is that they pretty much already had their breif against the repeals ready to go even before McDonald came down. They just filled in the blanks because we pretty much new what ordinances he was going to try to apply.

(Allegheny County)

Default Chicago Police Department Roster of “Unsafe Handguns”

Chicago Police Department Roster of “Unsafe Handguns”

My WTF on the list.

•Sig Sauer — Mosquito only
    •Walther — P22 only

Chicago, IL --(Ammoland.com)- The City of Chicago released its roster of “unsafe handguns” that cannot be legally possessed in the City because they cannot be registered with the police as one part of obtaining a license to possess a gun, as required under the City’s new gun laws.

But the list is not limited to hand guns as the law is so vague it can be interpreted as to apply to all guns made by a manufacture.

Of comical interest is banning of the deadly Daisy BB Gun Line, probably because of it pure destructive power.

And don’t forget Acme. Knowing who we are dealing with here they are probably referring to Acme Corporation from Looney Tunes? The coyote better watch out for Mayor Daley and his thugs now.

So besides a bunch of guns that have not been made in a 100 years what do you see on this list that is funny or raises your eyebrow?

I'd like to know how they can deem Hi-Points unsafe.

Is there a way Hi-Point can sue them? Because they should. Hi-Points are the only firearm with a lifetime warranty that covers ALL owners of the firearm; secondhand, third hand, etc. Strongest warranty in the entire industry, and they definitely honor it. Chicago should be required to give a specific reason for why and how they determined ALL Hi-Point models to be unsafe. Otherwise, I would personally argue it's an unfair business practice; they are singling out a specific company and saying "you can't do business here."

(Montgomery County)

I'm surprised that Charles Daly did not make the list having such a similar name to the "honorable" , Mayor.
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Chicago Police Department Roster of “Unsafe Handguns”

Quote Originally Posted by dragonlibra View Post
    So besides a bunch of guns that have not been made in a 100 years what do you see on this list that is funny or raises your eyebrow?
    all hi-points.

the only conceivable reason they are on the list is that they are cheap...and daley doesn't want poor people to have guns.
    F*S=k

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
    I'd like to know how they can deem Hi-Points unsafe.

Is there a way Hi-Point can sue them? Because they should. Hi-Points are the only firearm with a lifetime warranty that covers ALL owners of the firearm; secondhand, third hand, etc. Strongest warranty in the entire industry, and they definitely honor it. Chicago should be required to give a specific reason for why and how they determined ALL Hi-Point models to be unsafe. Otherwise, I would personally argue it's an unfair business practice; they are singling out a specific company and saying "you can't do business here."
    I agree^^^. I don't know why they would ban Hi-Points as "Un-safe" other than they are inexpensive.

Did anyone notice they also ban Marlin? WTF? This list is bullshit.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

I know the REAL reason they ban Hi-Points.

They are affordable to the people of Chicago.

The excuse they'd likely give is that criminals frequently buy Hi-Points.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    I agree^^^. I don't know why they would ban Hi-Points as "Un-safe" other than they are inexpensive.

Did anyone notice they also ban Marlin? WTF? This list is bullshit.
    Off-hand, does Marlin even make a handgun?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast