Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Smile Uneventful Traffic Stop

I was heading home from work two nights ago at 2am on route 940 in pocono summit, Monroe county. I noticed a vehicle kind of close pulling up behind me. About 3 miles later he lights me up. Ok here we go! I have my wife on the cell to hear what happens. I know everything is legal, current reg/inspection & insurance also never more than 5mph over speed limit.

After about 3 minutes the officer from PMRPD approaches my mini van very cautiously, shining light in all windows first, back to front. Fine, he is just being careful. he asks me for my DL,& reg. Still not saying why he stopped me. He comes back a few minutes Later, hands me my paperwork and says he stopped me because I have two registration stickers on my plate. Last years and this years in opposite corners. I should only have current one displayed in upper right corner. Says goodnight & Im on my way.

I think this was a b/s stop or a fishing trip for him. Just a technical reason to stop someone. I know I"ll get flamed for it but maybe did it have something to do with the 3 pro 2A bumper stickers and NRA, Ruger &Glock stickers on rear of my van?

I did have with me at the time Glock22 in serpa, LCP front left and Bushy M4 under rear seat in a locked case.

I respect the risk these officers have chosen to take on as work. If I was a felon out to do harm he would have been in over his head quickly. I just find using any reason to stop people and check their papers annoying.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Uneventful Traffic Stop

Given the time of night I suspect this stop had more to do with DUI enforcement than your bumper sticks; especially because they were not mentioned.

(Monroe County)

Is there a reason why you didn't place the most recent sticker over top the old one?
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Carbon County)

No reason really. Just stuck it on, on a very cold day in february while running out to work. I do see alot of plates with more than one, I wonder what the fine is for it.

(Bucks County)

Stickers? We don't need no stickers!

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Is there a reason why you didn't place the most recent sticker over top the old one?
    I, and my family for years, have always put the new sticker in the opposite corner of the old one. Still do. So two stickers are always showing, unless it's a new plate that only has one sticker for the time being.

I think that may have been the required or suggested way to do it some years back.

Never have been questioned by the po-po about this.

(Westmoreland County)

If we're getting technical the only place that sticker belongs is in the indentation on the plate in the upper left corner. I have seen some plates without the intent. I don't know of anyone evering getting a citation for it but I'm sure it happens. What I want to know is why do some people put the sticker in the middle of the plate. I mean over the keystone in the middle.

(Philadelphia County)

It was a fishing expedition. I know quite a few cops, especially in Jersey, who use any infraction or informational reason to pull a car over. Especially at that time of night, because it gives them a reason to see if they detect alcohol on the driver's breath.

I have been pulled over for not having the current sticker, even though they know the MDT will show them that my reg. is current. I do things over the Internet, so I have to wait for everything to be sent to me.

JUSTITIA ET VIRTUS

(Monroe County)

The instructions when you receive your registration is to remove any old stickers and to put the new one on the top corner (forgot which side), but you aren't supposed to have multiple stickers on your plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

And somehow his eyesight is so great that he spotted that tiny 3/4 inch sticker at 2 am on Rt 940? Amazing ?

He followed you for 3 miles before pulling you over because he were trying to find a reason to pull you over, thats when he spoted that tiny little sticker.

Some people just have too much time on thier hands.
    , glad it turned out fine for you inspite of all those incriminating stickers.

Nyman

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast