Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Unhappy Re: Return of firearms from city/state

Yeah well, I was acquitted about 2 yrs ago and Towamencin Township police still have possession of my firearm along with other property. I went to the court to find out how I can get my property returned to me and this is what they said...I have to file a "motion for return of property" in triplicate, have them notarized, pay a $25.25 fee and wait to be told of a hearing that will be scheduled to determined whether or not I will get it back. I asked my attorney how much it would cost to get my property back if I had him file for me. He said at least $700. My property is worth just about that or less. Any lawyers willing to help me get my stuff back pro bono? I'm willing to speak about my "process" and experiences, throughout this whole ordeal or trade professional courtesies. Please contact me asap if you can help. I'm a man with very meager means but desperate to protect my rights and freedoms. Please help.
    You have to ask yourself one question, "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

(Bucks County)

Unhappy Re: Return of firearms from city/state

Yeah well, I was acquitted about 2 yrs ago and Towamencin Township police still have possession of my firearm along with other property. I went to the court to find out how I can get my property returned to me and this is what they said...I have to file a "motion for return of property" in triplicate, have them notarized, pay a $25.25 fee and wait to be told of a hearing that will be scheduled to determined whether or not I will get it back. I asked my attorney how much it would cost to get my property back if I had him file for me. He said at least $700. My property is worth just about that or less. Any lawyers willing to help me get my stuff back pro bono? I'm willing to speak about my "process" and experiences, throughout this whole ordeal or trade professional courtesies. Please contact me asap if you can help. I'm a man with very meager means but desperate to protect my rights and freedoms. Please help.

Oh and btw, I was told by the Towamencin PD that my property was scheduled to be burned this month. Again please help.
    You have to ask yourself one question, "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Return of firearms from city/state

Report the gun stolen to PSP. Buhahahahaha
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

(Philadelphia County)

I'm almost 12 years late to this party. But the court order can or could've been easily obtained by way of the DA's office. He left that part out, probably on purpose. Never count on police to give you proper guidance through the channels of public service. Anyone can get their property back if they are legally allowed to possess it. I'm living proof.

(Philadelphia County)

You could've done the same work the lawyer would've done, minus the $700. They charge like $300 an hour to fill out paper work with your information that you provided to them. More than a week's pay for most people, just for them to fill out a form that takes less than 20 minutes. You would have most likely gotten your property back after filing your motion, paying the fee, attaching receipts, your acquittal. DA's office would review, give you a date to appear, run your background to make sure you're still lawful to own firearms and grant the order in front of a judge. No need to you to speak or give any testimony. Just receive your piece of paper, find out the pick up location, make an appointment. Pick up your stuff and on the way out, tell the cops to suck it easy.
    Last edited by cbdresources; July 17th, 2021 at 09:10 PM. Reason: punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by cbdresources View Post
    You could've done the same work the lawyer would've done, minus the $700. They charge like $300 an hour to fill out paper work with your information that you provided to them. More than a weeks pay for most people, just for them to fill out a form that takes less than 20 minutes. You would have most likely gotten your property back after filing your motion, paying the fee, attaching receipts, your acquittal. DA's office would review, give you a date to appear, run your background to make sure your still lawful to own firearms and grant the order in front of a judge. No need to you to speak or give any testimony. Just receive your piece of paper, find out the pick up location, make an appointment. Pick up your stuff and on the way out, tell the cops to suck it easy.
    I would be interested in seeing the docket numbers of successful cases like this, handled pro se.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Philadelphia County)

I'm sure as a gun lawyer, you could access that information. I don't even know what "pro se" means because I only have a high school diploma and I'm a working class Black man from the hood of North Philly. I don't have a docket number because I have no criminal charges related to the seizure of my property. My parolee/house arrest son was living with me and is the reason the police and parole agents were there. But anyway, I was able to figure it out even with the obstruction and deprivation of info by the Philadelphia Police. As a result, an NFU Officer has an internal affairs investigation pending against him and the DEA had to clean up his mess due to failure to follow directive 12.15 and provide property receipts to the owner within 30 days. The CSU, FIU and ECU were all notified by certified mail that if I didn't get my receipts I was gonna report the weapons stolen to the state police, ATF, FBI and the media. The IA officer had the receipts available during our interview and didn't even offer to provide me with copies. I filed my Motion for Return of Property and indicated that the NFU officer failed to provide me with receipts in extent of 30 days. I decided to take a chance and email the DEA and within 16 hours I got a response and received my receipts by email. Followed up on my Motion for Return application. Received a notice for a court date. Got a call from an Assistant DA a few days before court date advising me of what's going to happen. Showed up, signed up, sat down, shut up and waited for my case to come up. Assistant DA presented order to grant release, got judges approval, gave me my piece of paper and told me "You're good to go." I assume that the police felt that a black man from North Philly is probably just another dumb n***a that's afraid of the cops and isn't smart enough to figure out how to navigate his way through the system. While that may be true in most cases, I ain't the average n***a. Everybody underestimates a n***a until they see what a n***a can do. As a lawyer, I'm sure you are very familiar with how afraid of paperwork, law enforcement and government services that many people are and their fear and reluctance of rejection/denial and appealing that rejection/denial. One thing I've learned from my work experience in healthcare and document management is how to surround a motherf***a with paper without ever seeing their face.
    Last edited by cbdresources; July 17th, 2021 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cbdresources View Post
    I'm sure as a gun lawyer, you could access that information. I don't even know what "pro se" means because I only have a high school diploma and I'm a working Black man from the hood of North Philly. I don't have a docket number because, I have no criminal charges related to the seizure of my property. My parolee/house arrest son was living with me and is the reason they were there. But anyway, I was able to figure it out even with the obstruction and deprivation of info by the Philadelphia Police. As a result, an NFU Officer has an internal affairs investigation pending against him and the DEA had to clean up his mess due to failure to follow directive 12.15 and provide property receipts to the owner within 30 days. The CSU, FIU and ECU were all notified by certified mail that if I didn't get my receipts I was gonna report the weapons stolen to the state police, ATF, FBI and the media. The IA officer had the receipts available during our interview and didn't even offer to provide me with copies. I filed my Motion for Return of Property and indicated that the NFU officer failed to provide me with receipts in extent of 30 days. I decided to take a chance and email the DEA and within 16 hours I got a response and received my receipts by email. Followed up on my Motion for Return application. Received a notice for a court date. Got a call from an Assistant DA a few days before court date advising me of what's going to happen. Showed up, signed up, sat down, shut up and waited for my case to come up. Assistant DA presented order to grant release, got judges approval, gave me my piece of paper and told me "You're good to go." I assume that the police felt that a black man from North Philly is probably just another dumb n***a that's afraid of the cops and isn't smart enough to figure out how to navigate his way through the system. While that may be true in most cases, I ain't the average n***a. Everybody underestimates a n***a until they see what a n***a can do. As a lawyer, I'm sure you are very familiar with how afraid of paperwork, law enforcement and government services that many people are and their fear and reluctance of rejection/denial and appealing that rejection/denial. One thing I've learned from my work experience in healthcare and document management is how to surround a motherf***a with paper without ever seeing their face.
    A Petition for Return of Property would be assigned a docket number, as I assume you know from your career in handling government paperwork.

The DEA has no interest in local cops retaining firearms, or providing receipts per PA law, even if the Philly NFU originally seized them.

There's no way that a lawyer can easily search for docket numbers for "pro se cases seeking return of property" without any real names.

The odds are about 80-20 that you're making some or all of this up. I don't know why.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Wow.
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

(Chester County)

The moral of this problems is: Buy cheap guns or used.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast