Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Return of firearms from city/state

Quote Originally Posted by MDJschool View Post
    I don't see how that's not a confirmed payout that would entice a lawyer to consider a possible contingency-fee'd plan.
    Me either, but I'm not one and the three that I spoke to wanted at least $300 up front just for filing the paperwork, plus $300/hour for anything beyond that.

Just like the DE county lawyer I mentioned, they're probably familiar with how these rulings go in Philly and know better than we what the outcome would be.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillykev View Post
    Me either, but I'm not one and the three that I spoke to wanted at least $300 up front just for filing the paperwork, plus $300/hour for anything beyond that.

Just like the DE county lawyer I mentioned, they're probably familiar with how these rulings go in Philly and know better than we what the outcome would be.
    Did you actually show them the contents of 18 Pa.C.S. 6111(b)(4)? It's quite possible they don't know it exists (lawyers aren't certain legal libraries of knowledge, just people who went to law school where I doubt 18 Pa.C.S. 6111(b)(4) was taught and passed some bar exam.)

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by MDJschool View Post
    Did you actually show them the contents of 18 Pa.C.S. 6111(b)(4)? It's quite possible they don't know it exists (lawyers aren't certain legal libraries of knowledge, just people who went to law school where I doubt 18 Pa.C.S. 6111(b)(4) was taught and passed some bar exam.)
    No, I wasn't aware of it. But one of them was a gun lawyer frequently recommended on this site for Philly. And like I said, I corresponded with the lawyer who filed and won the class action against DE, and he never mentioned it.

I would guess that they wouldn't know whether I'm a prohibitted person or not, so wouldn't know if they would prevail. And to determine if I am or not would require them spending time up front which they want to be compensated for.

(Lackawanna County)

If none of those work and a lawyer isn't an option i would say go to the press and tell them listen I'm in the clear and show them something, i tried formal channels show them evidence of that....then tell the press guy that they are breaking the law by stealing a gun and have been doing it to everyone. You might get somewhere and if not its free to talk to the press.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    If none of those work and a lawyer isn't an option i would say go to the press and tell them listen I'm in the clear and show them something, i tried formal channels show them evidence of that....then tell the press guy that they are breaking the law by stealing a gun and have been doing it to everyone. You might get somewhere and if not its free to talk to the press.
    Not sure if it will work, but sounds like a damn good idea even if it doesn't. The Roaches are afraid of the light, and they are in dire need of a few hundred Q-Beams.

(Philadelphia County)

No receipt given upon seizure, and I was taken directly to CFCF/HOC.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillykev View Post
    No, I wasn't aware of it. But one of them was a gun lawyer frequently recommended on this site for Philly. And like I said, I corresponded with the lawyer who filed and won the class action against DE, and he never mentioned it.

I would guess that they wouldn't know whether I'm a prohibitted person or not, so wouldn't know if they would prevail. And to determine if I am or not would require them spending time up front which they want to be compensated for.
    PhillyKev/MDJSchool...thanks for the great tips! I have to go down to the CJC tomorrow and get my bail returned to me, might as well get this kick-started as well while I'm down there. Got a friend or two at Fox News as well, so if I get any grief, we'll see about scattering them roaches in a few TV lights! Will keep you posted on my progress.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by alewis63 View Post
    No receipt given upon seizure, and I was taken directly to CFCF/HOC.
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is CFCF/HOC ?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is CFCF/HOC ?
    Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility

See this other thread.

I don't know if there's a lot of this going on or if the OP is posting under multiple IDs.

They have the Philly judges on board with their illegal practices, they won't award the statutory attorney fees unless there was no basis at all for the initial seizure. And they will continue your case and reschedule and wear you down, one billable hour at a time, until you give up.

In their view, all guns are evil, all gun owners are living within an unfortunate loophole, and just because they can't convict you of anything at all is no reason to reward you by handing you your gun back. YOU are the cause of all Philly's problems, not the crappy schools, the corrupt government, the high taxes, or the "don't snitch" ethics. Nope, it's all about guns.

Trust me, if there was a pot of gold in such a lawsuit, there'd be lawyers lining up for their share. If you knew how Philly judges get to be judges, the street politics and cash requirements, then you wouldn't expect any more justice than you'll find there.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast