Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New PA Resident - Can You Help?

Howdy, folks. I'm a NJ refugee - just moved into Pike County (Milford) from NJ to escape the "reasonable" gun laws there. I'm wondering if any of you can point me to an FAQ or link a couple threads that talk about what I should expect and what I have to watch out for now that I'm a PA resident. IOW, the "Reader's Digest" version of the everyday laws we need to be aware of to avoid the 'gotcha' scenarios that overzealous local prosecutors live for.

Thanks!

(Beaver County)

Default Re: New PA Resident - Can You Help?

(Tioga County)

I guess a couple of things you might want to know right off. If your bringing guns here from PRNJ you don't need to register them. If you want to buy a gun. As long as your not a prohibited person and already have your PA drivers license. Just go to your local gun store and buy it. you should be out the door with your new gun in less than an hour. More than likely less than a half hour. No wait period, no permission card from the state. Just don't load it up for the trip home. After you get your LTCF it's a different ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    Howdy, folks. I'm a NJ refugee - just moved into Pike County (Milford) from NJ to escape the "reasonable" gun laws there. I'm wondering if any of you can point me to an FAQ or link a couple threads that talk about what I should expect and what I have to watch out for now that I'm a PA resident. IOW, the "Reader's Digest" version of the everyday laws we need to be aware of to avoid the 'gotcha' scenarios that overzealous local prosecutors live for.

Thanks!
    USNRET '61-'81

Should you ever come south of the border into Delaware you have the right to open carry. There are a few thing you'll need to research before you do it though.

http://delawareopencarry.org/forums/...11612fec0d85c1

http://delawareopencarry.org/forums/...34063d2a63b6fe

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForwardAssist View Post
    Should you ever come south of the border into Delaware you have the right to open carry. There are a few thing you'll need to research before you do it though.

http://delawareopencarry.org/forums/...11612fec0d85c1

http://delawareopencarry.org/forums/...34063d2a63b6fe
    PA is also an open carry state. This site will aide you in that area.

http://paopencarry.org/

(Berks County)

Welcome to PA.....and the PAFOA....I escaped NJ myself over 10 years ago.

Make sure to check out your county forum also, you may find some folks to meet up with.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

A few things to expect is lower taxes, cheaper auto insurance, more freedom, and bad pizza.

Welcome to the real United States of America.

Read the above posts there is a ton of good information.
    I escaped the PRNJ 9years ago.

Bad Pizza? Really? Well, feel free to take your "******EDITED" self back to NJ and choke on some good, in your opinion, Pizza!!!

OP, do yourself a favor, leave your attitude, political agenda, socialized upbringing at the door!!! We Don't need it nor want it.

Also, Could you at least change your location on profile from NJ to PA since you claim to now be residing in PA. I mean, at least act like you want to assimilate!!!

I swear, when is the Federal Gov going to do something about the immigration problem???? Gets old quick!!!

CL
    Last edited by customloaded; June 27th, 2010 at 01:22 PM.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    Bad Pizza? Really? Well, feel free to take your "******EDITED" self back to NJ and choke on some good, in your opinion, Pizza!!!

OP, do yourself a favor, leave your attitude, political agenda, socialized upbringing at the door!!! We Don't need it nor want it.

Also, Could you at least change your location on profile from NJ to PA since you claim to now be residing in PA. I mean, at least act like you want to assimilate!!!

I swear, when is the Federal Gov going to do something about the immigration problem???? Gets old quick!!!

CL

wow dude,,no need for that

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post

CL
    Quote Originally Posted by vic2367 View Post
    wow dude,,no need for that
    I know right, wtf customloaded? Did your air conditioning break or your beer get warm? Or are we just unable to see the sarcasm?

And far as the pizza goes if your ever in the area we'll get some Delorenzos on me. It truly is worth being stripped of your constitutional rights momentarily while driving back into our beloved state.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast